Remembering

The Kiwi Connection

I still haven't come to grips with the emotional spectrum I experience every Sept 11th...or anytime I'm in downtown Manhattan...even though I haven't worked in the area in over 20 years. I ALWAYS take my children to ground zero when we are in NYC. There remains an anger that I haven't reconciled, even after all this time. It's not a debilitating anger..but it gnaws at me nonetheless. I also remind my kids that there were two other planes.......Pentagon & PA.

My heart goes out to all the victims of 9/11 and their families. Ultimately their sacrifice buoys our determination to continue to fight for freedom and tolerance...but not tolerance due to weakness..but rather from strength.

Pride in country is NOT jingoistic or arrogant. Evil is real...but so is courage (Yeah..W said that). It's folly not to believe that if militant Islam could have exploded a nuke, they would have....and they will.

I'll never forget that day...and neither will my family.

Very eloquently stated John.

Your description of the anger is profoundly accurate.

It's always there under the surface...& it SHOULD be.

This was such an act of cowardice against innocent civilians.

Pride in our country is what keeps us moving forward & gives hope. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I am not proud of some of the feelings this has given me....because of our history & future as a country, because of the future of my children.

I have no problem with muslims,with anyone having the right to their own religious beliefs & pursuits. That is one of the beautiful freedoms (we take for granted at times)in this country. We are lucky.

As far as al qaeda is concerned I feel no mercy. It is a group of hateful people who have CHOOSEN a life aimed at bringing misery ,heartache, violence,destruction & great loss to others.

If it were a singular person ,I could choke them with my bare hands & sleep like a baby tonight.....

Not one positive in their being here.

Kudos to John and Rachan for their posts. Pretty much summed up my thoughts. I watched the dedication yesterday at PA and Bush gave an incredible speech..brought me to tears. I will never forget that day especially when you have a loved one in the military and my first thought was when is the next deployment somewhere in the middle east. God bless the families that lost their loved ones on that day!! My heart goes out to them and I'm glad our country was able to pull together at that time. I hope that we never lose that and become complacent.

Regarding those heroes who lost their lives on 9/11 I could not help but remember the discourse of Jesus Christ recorded in John 15:13. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". No one could have come closer to following the example of the Savior than those men & women on that terrible day.

Belle

The first responders and all who died will be remembered.

It was sad for the families today. Some of them hadn't known their parents, yet.

And today, I received two calls from NY. Both were business related. We immediately talked about the ceremony's. And the other how the ball was dropped regarding what happened that day. The last person said he lost a friend who worked in one of the buildings as a broker.