RIP, Jerry Leiber 78

blackhawkpat

Songwriter Jerry Leiber has left us at the age of 78. Jerry, along with Mike Stoller, wrote "Jailhouse Rock", "Hound Dog", "Kansas City", "Young Blood", "Loving You" "Yakkity Yak", "Love Potion #9", "Stand By Me" and "Don't", among other great rock and roll songs. Rest In Peace, Jerry, give Elvis a hello for us!

P.S. Was just reminded he wrote a piece of "On Broadway" with Cynthia Weil-Barry Mann, covered by Eric.

An icon...later created with Stoller...Red Bird Records...which released ALL the Shangri-Las stuff...and "Chapel Of Love" and "People Say" by the "Dixiecups...AND his last hit with Stoller...Peggy Lee's incredible "Is That All There Is"?...Goodbye to the co-owner of "Smokey Joe's Cafe".

I'm sitting at a computer at the Business Center at my Las Vegas Timeshare...There's no sound on this computer...BUT I think I remember this to be a GOOD video of Peggy Lee's doin' Lieber and Stoller's classic..."Is That all There Is"?

Enjoy!

I was very saddened to hear of his passing. He wasn't that old either. One of the all-time great songwriters. Thanks for posting this great song, Ira, and I can't imagine anyone who could do justice to it like the beautiful Peggy Lee, whom I loved since I was a child.

LOVE this video. Thanks so much!

And RIP Jerry. Your songs will live on forever. And you WILL be remembered.

:(-- heartpump Love, Darlene

Darlene...Hard to believe Jerry was ONLY 78...they started so young...2 Jewish boys...from NYC...who discovered eachother AND their mutual love for R&B when their families re-located to California.

YOU MUST get this book...which at this point is available at a library near you....

http://www.amazon.com/Hound-Dog-Leiber-Stoller-Autobiography/dp/1416559388