E.C. Daily

ira

Does Eric's and/or the Raspberries' music play a part in your life on a nearly daily basis?

It does for me.

Sittin' at The Bagel Chateu" on Sunday and hearin' Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs coverin' "Go All The Way" and boring my buddy Marc to tears with another "Carmen" story.

Hustlin' people at work to watch a youtube video of "Let's Pretend" performed live while I try to convert them to become "Carmenists"...

Joggin' while listenin' to "Eric Carmen The Definitive Collection" and replayin' "That's Rock and Roll' over and over.

Ya know...I feel kinda silly for startin' this thread...I'm pretty sure I'm the ONLY one on this site who experiences this phenomenon almost daily. whistle

Elizabeth (E.G.) also made some absymally awful records in the 80s as well....If this damn laptop permitted me to copy & paste URL addresses, I'd post a dreadful youtube video or two here. Not sure what was worse, her music or acting.....(she had trouble pronouncing "Pee Wee" in "PW's Big Adventure".....it kept coming out as "Pee Vee")

John, I, too, thought this thread was about the actress/singer E.G. Daily. I guess that's what we get for not reading. I do remember her in Pee Wee's Big Adventure, as well as her seriously hot boyfriend Jon Erik Hexum of the television show Voyagers.

Silly me... I automatically knew what Ira was suggesting... and the sheer fact that most of us "regulars" show up here virtually daily shows how much EC impacts our life!

Even if not all of us discuss Eric and his music on every visit, the vast majority of us joined the family because of our common love of Eric and/or Raspberries music.

Likewise, the common bond has spread to fantasy sports, as I; lacking the time I used to have; pared my fantasy sports play to leagues that include other EC/RB fans...

And Ira... I could literally listen to "That's Rock & Roll"... "All Through The Night". laugh

My car has a 6-slot CD player. Current listening pleasures include: Berries' Live on Sunset Strip (both CD's), Side 3/Starting Over combo, & EC's Tonight You're Mine. These 4 CD's have been in the player for weeks. The other 2 slots are for other artists, changed regularly. I'm the old lady blasting EC/Berries tunes when I pull into the parking lot at work...I'll convert those young pups I work with yet! hahahappy

Kim

PS: pssst...I'm sneaking this post. My husband doesn't know I'm here! Shhhhhh.........

Guest Fresh

How about the book "Yellow Stream" by I.P. Daily?

Tommy, don't forget the great sequel to Yellow Stream...."Purple Rain" by I.P. Peculiar!!! hahahaha

OMG!...This thread is shaping up as a serious candidate for the "EC.Com Meandering Tangents Hall Of Fame"...which I suppose is yet another " Daily Fix" that we get from our "EC./Raspberries Habit".