Mom's Gone

missm

First of all I want to thank everyone here who sent prayers and good thoughts to my Mommy during her illness. She died yesterday afternoon at 5:15 pm with her daughters, her only living sister, her grandchildren and her niece and son in law at her side!!!

We will miss her deeply, but we realize that she has gone on to a better place and we take comfort in knowing that so many good people were waiting to welcome her...her mother and father and 9 of her 14 siblings!!

As we sat with Mom a discussion arose regarding her cremation and disposition of her cremains. Suffice it to say that was when the FIGHT started....seriously!!

Even though you're prepared for the worst (on both fronts), it's too bad you have to endure family turmoil in what should be a time of comfort for each other. Sadly, it's not that unusual.

I hope and pray for wisdom and comfort for you and yours during this time, Miriam. God Bless.

Guest Fresh

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the passing of your beloved mother. She is in God's care now and no longer suffering. May you find peace with that knowledge. Rob

Miriam, may God bless and comfort you and your family in these sad days ahead of you in the loss of your mommy. Sometimes, with the world the way it is, I think those gone before us to a better place are more happy than we are here. Your mommy is now at peace and no longer in pain or discomfort. May that be a comfort to you at this difficult time of your life.

I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's death, Miriam. I know she put up a valiant fight to recover, but I'm sure your mind is at ease knowing she's no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, T.J., and your family during this time of sorrow.

Guest Rachan

I'm sorry for your loss Miriam...

Tony is absolutely right...we're never ready for someone we love to pass,but it sounds like she was peaceful & surrounded by those who loved her...

Miriam-I am so sorry for your mother's death. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Remember how she lived, not how she died. I lost my mom last year and I miss her every day, so I can feel your pain. I'm glad your family was together, it's sad that there was no agreement in with her arrangements. Luckily, my parents had preplanned some of it, so we didn't have that kind of problem (I have 7 brothers and sister, so there were plenty of voices to be heard.) Take care of yourself and give yourself time and permission to grieve.