Happy Fathers Day!

chris hess

Guest Rachan

ABSOLUTELY!!

I hope all of the wonderful guys here have a great day getting the appreciation they deserve!

My husband & I will spend the entire morning "timing" at our daughters swim meet.

The rest of the day will be a cookout with my father in law,family with plenty of good food & cocktails!!!

There is NOTHING more wonderful ( & attractive) than a man who is involved & in love with his children...

Happy Fathers Day smile

I've mentioned previously how, when I was a teenager, my Dad & I became closer through our "Berry Bonding", especially our favorite, "Let's Pretend". I visited him at the cemetery today, and I played the live reunion version of "Let's Pretend" for him. happy

I would like to post this particular Raspberries classic as a dedication/tribute for my Dad, but I realize it's been posted several times already. (NEVER A BAD THING!)

So, I will post a cover of "Let's Pretend", I've recently discovered, by Kyle Vincent, a very good singer (possibly Japanese?). He's not Eric, but he's not bad.

For my beloved Dad for Father's Day LuvLove

What a nice tribute, Kim! Actually, Kyle Vincent is an American artist. If I'm not mistaken, Tony C. is a big fan of his music. He was also a member of the Bay City Rollers at one time. Nice cover, by the way!

Of course, I can't forget to wish all of the awesome Dads here a wonderful, relaxing Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my hero. This is a man who supported 8 children on very little money. We did not have much, but always had his love. He sacrificed so much just to provide us a few simple pleasures...our once a year trip to Kennywood Park and a swimming pool pass every year. Sure, other kids boasted about the trips they would take during the summer and their parents had the money, so it was a non-issue. My dad wore his shoes with the nails sticking through and he would come home with his feet bleeding to provide these few pleasures for us. How many people could say their dad was this exceptional! Now, it is an honor to serve him as he approaches 89! God Bless You, Dad...I love you!

Carol...this made me cry. Just beautiful!

Thanks, Wendy-Ann.

I cry thinking about what an amazing and selfless father my dad was/is. He worked so hard even when he was ill with fever he went out for 38 hour road call duty in the winter. He was in charge of plowing the roads around a large apartment complex. They were to wait until the cops called them out, but my dad being the man he is would look out the window when bad weather was on the horizon and could not stand the thought of the single mothers who had to get children to daycare and themselves to work so he would go out on his own and have the roads taken care of before the call ever came out. He was pulling his truck back into the garage when everyone else was just showing up to go out. Of course, since he did not wait for the call he was not compensated for his efforts even though he had a family of ten to feed. (Every dog gets their day)! I try hard to be the same kind of mother for my children as my father was to us. His picture not only paints a 1,000 words, his good deeds could fill a novel!

Life Lessons

You may have thought I didn't see,

Or that I hadn't heard,

Life lessons that you taught to me,

But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,

And that we'd grow apart,

But Dad, I picked up everything,

It's written on my heart.

Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be

The (woman)(man) I am today;

You built a strong foundation

No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,

And I'm very glad I did;

So here's to you, dear father,

From your forever grateful kid.

By Joanna Fuchs

I've mentioned previously how, when I was a teenager, my Dad & I became closer through our "Berry Bonding", especially our favorite, "Let's Pretend". I visited him at the cemetery today, and I played the live reunion version of "Let's Pretend" for him. happy

Kim,

This is so touching! And you're right...no one can sing this like Eric. Not even close! So happy you got to do this for your Daddy! heartpump

Here are 2 photos of me and my Daddy. He rocked!

We kids would much rather a spanking than his looooong lectures, (he never spanked), he would give a stranger the shirt off of his back, he could never remember the punch line of a joke, he had an IQ that hit the roof, he loved to sing and dance and he love God, his country and his family. He too was my hero.

And if I had to do it all again...I would choose him as my Daddy! He was a beautiful human being and I miss him so much!

This is so touching! And you're right...no one can sing this like Eric. Not even close! So happy you got to do this for your Daddy! heartpump

Hi Wendy-Ann! :thanx:

Your tribute to your Daddy is beautiful!

I still want to play the slow version of "Let's Pretend" for my Dad. He never had the chance to hear it. I LOVE IT, & I think he would have too. Someday I'll figure out how to download it onto a CD.

(I'm such a computer idiot! frown )

Elle & Wendy-Ann are presently here...now we need Tracy, to nicely represent the special, pretty blonde ladies of EC.com! smile

I wish I could include myself, but I can't hold a candle to the beauty of these three!!

Kim

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all dads,and especially to Eric. Hope you all have lots of time to spend with your kids today. My daughter took my husband and I out and our son is in the Dominican Republic on his honeymoon! So many special, loving dads in this world. God bless each and every one of you!