by beloved Rascal

chris hess

anyone who knows me here knows about my mixed dog rascal...havent been here in awhile,we had to have him put down last saturday morning....we thought he had a mini stroke..which he did but was ready to get released to us that morning..my daughter and i went to pick him up and the vet was in xrays...so we waited thinking it was someones elses pet in there..it was rascal..they went to let out to urinate and noticed his breathing was abnormal..laboring..well,his stomach got huge and his stomach was twisted..real bad including his organs...i made the decision right then,he was 12,and too old in my opinion to put him thru with that,the vet felt the same way..he was brought into the room so we can say goodbye to him and he didnt have anyhting left in his eyes,and was in pain he barely recognised us..and i had to play out that same night..still grieving...be back later here..lol,chris

Christopher, I just read about Rascal's passing on Facebook!! I am deeply and truly sorry that he is no longer with us!! I know he was a great friend to you and that you will miss him!

I think everyone here understands your need to hibernate for a bit, but be sure to come back!!

You did the best thing for Rascal! Now he is having fun with Misty! praycryingpray

Glad to hear that you were there for Rascal when he went, Chris. that is the right thing to do, even though it tears you up inside. They deserve no less. Sadness here to. while I was gone for a few days, an injured Cockatiel died and a couple of my non-flying 'tiels were killed my a murderous parrot while in the hands of a caretaker. I feel your pain, friend. Prayers for Rascal, and you take care of yourself.

Reid

Chris

Those of us who have also lost a loved pet know how you are feeling now. So sad and heartbroken.

I guess we know we will probably outlive our furry or feathered freinds but it's still very painful when it happens.

Wild animals don't have the blessing of a loving caretaker to release them from pain at the end but Rascal had you.

Bless you.

Belle

Chris, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dog and Reid, sorry to hear of the loss of your birds. Yes, our pets provide us with much love and enjoyment. When our cat, Misty, died at the age of 13, a little bit of my world fell apart. However, 5 days later, my world was put back together again when we adopted an 8 week old kitten. Now that little kitten is 7 years old and lights up my life. I'm not saying he replaced Misty. No pet can ever replace any other pet, but he brings us such joy and delight. If you decide to get another dog, just keep in mind that the new one needs your love and affection and it will be blessed to be in your family. God give you peace knowing you did what was best for Rascal.

Chris, I'm so sorry about your beloved Rascal. I remember how much you love him. I know Rascal loved you and loved being your dog, because you gave him the best of everything. You always do--you're such a wonderful, sweet guy. I know Rascal was a true member of your family and that you and he loved each other so much. That's the most important thing: he knew you loved him and he knew how much. And he loved you just as much back. The knowledge of that will comfort you. May it bring you peace. Because neither humans nor pets can live forever, we're all really "on loan" to each other. Even lonely singles have to remember that being married or in a relationship is no guarantee that someone will be with you forever. In the end, our loved ones and our pets eventually leave us.

What's important is the love we share with them while they're here. That's what makes us lucky--when we share all that love. And you and Rascal were lucky for 12 long years. May that comfort you in time so that you will smile when you remember all the great times with Rascal. He's smiling in doggie Heaven, remembering all the great times with you, and he's thinking, "I'm SO lucky I had him."

:)--Love, Dar

thank you all for your comforting words and thoughts...this has been very hard for me..i still catch my self going out to check on him outside when i use to let him out after eating..miss him badly..and god is really testing me,i quit drinking over 3 weeks ago and still going strong,then this tragic unexpected loss..and the day he was put down,had to put my good face on to play out that night!!i thank god i had a special person visit this weekend ..playing that night was good though,i put alot of my emotions out there that night..and my company the last 4 days was a godsend in many ways!!she knows who she is and thank her for being there and understanding me!!....still hurting,just take it day to day...lots of love,chris

Hang in there, Chris. Don't drink. Rascal would want you to take care of yourself, like he watched over you and you took care of him. He wouldn't want you to be so sad. So take care of yourself for him.

And you know we love you and are concerned about you. Think of the happy memories and how lucky you were to have 12 long great years. Some people don't have nearly that long with their pets.

Keep your chin up.

And God Bless You. You are in my prayers.

:)--Love, heartpump Darlene