Sad News... Don Krider, RIP

Raspbernie

KRIDER, DONALD WILLIAM JR., 54, of Louisville, passed away Sunday, May 22, 2011.

He was a self-employed journalist and a Kentucky Colonel.

He is survived by his son, Eric Douglas Krider; parents, Donald W. Sr. and Pat Krider; brother, Karl Krider, (Jenny); sister, Patti Krider Cleveland; and one niece, Sydney Cleveland.

His memorial visitation will be Saturday from 4-8 p.m. in the Legacy Hall at the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 13800 Aiken Road, Louisville, KY 40245.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Wounded Warrior Project, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32256. The family has entrusted arrangements with The Pearson-Ratterman Brothers Funeral Home in Middletown.

- - - -

Don was the biggest Eric Carmen/Raspberries fan. A power pop aficionado, whose unmatched knowledge of music lent credibility to our online Community since the earliest days of the internet. I utilized his expertise when writing "Marathon Man" and formed a solid friendship with him over the years. He will be missed. My thoughts go out to his family and hope that the knowledge that Don was so admired among countless friends the world over will bring them some solace at this sad time.

Bernie

That's really sad. I remember reading some articles Don wrote about the guys. You could tell that he was a real fan. They were excellent articles. I remember he would pop in here from time to time. That's really sad to hear. R.I.P. Don...you were one of us.

Oh, man, this is really sad, especially after the Gail news. Don and I both contributed to Bernie's Boats Against the Current blog a few years back, and we had a great time doing it. He always made me feel "important" because he remembered my tenure with a CD magazine I used to edit; to get compliments on work from 15 and 20 years ago was such a nice thing and made me appreciate Don for being so considerate. And really, he deserves way more compliments because he was so active in writing about EC and the 'berries at so many places. He was truly a great guy....

Man, this is a sad day.... RIP, my friend.

Bummer...

The Wikipedia page on the 'berries has an external link to the Epinions review of 'Live On Sunset Strip'. The review is by Don, and his passion for the group is obvious from the first few words that hit the page. We've lost one of our own, and way too soon.

I'm adding a link to Don's review for anyone that would like to feel his passion:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Live_On_S...nt_393207123588

I am also saddened by this news. Though I did not know Don, I knew of his posts. He didn't seem to post much, but when he did, they were always interesting. He just seemed like a very nice guy.

Life is so short for many of us that it is heartbreaking. This is another reminder for us all to tell those we love before they are gone, how special they are to us.

After I lost my wonderful late boss in 2000, I made it my mission to try as often as possible to let those in my life know that---they are oh so terrific to me and I wouldn't be me without them!

RIP-Don...

OH NO! This is tragic--he was so young. I immediately picked up on the quality of Don's knowledge and musicality upon reading his posts. He always posted the most interesting items and everything he wrote was well-thought out and wonderful. He was a true "insider" on Eric's and Raspberries' music and events.

You were and always will be THE ABSOLUTE BEST, Don. And you will be sorely and sadly missed here.

Rest in Peace Forever.

:(--Love, heartpump Darlene

I had the chance to converse with Don a few times back in the late '90's when we both were writing a lot of articles for "epinions"... I sort of drifted away from that as the site became more of a "you rate my stuff and I'll rate yours" game... Don never missed a chance to promote any and everything Raspberries/EC related... in fact we had a friendly rivalry for a while, seeing who could write a review first on any given release... (He usually beat me!)

Sad to hear that he's gone... he seemed like a really nice guy. frown

that's so sad and tragic. Years ago, when this forum was in its original format, Don and I kept in touch. For a time Chris and I were doing parodies of Eric/Raspberries songs, and Don got a kick out of them, he'd e-mail me about them. Very sad news. RIP, Don

His music reviews were exceptional, and I enjoyed reading his posts on the Boats Blog and Epinions. His words truly indicated how much he loved the Raspberries. He was quite young so the news of his death is shocking. (He was still posting on this board not too long ago.)

His favorite Raspberries song was "I Don't Know What I Want", and I hope his spirit is reading this thread. Since the Raspberries cannot sing for him right now, I found a link on Youtube to the song, which is also one of my favorites:

Don Krider's first post on EC.com:

May 31, 1997 - DKrider214@AOL.Com

I'm only 15 years old. Have been for 25 years. Bernie, man, you are the greatest Raspbuddy (your term) I know. Maybe Eric will get the recognition he has long deserved. Anyone who wants to can email me (the direct way is to click on my name in the links section where Bernie has kindly listed me.) I have multiples of most of the LPs, cassettes, CDs and 8-tracks, plus video, etc. Bernie, Ron Sutton and I have to have the greatest collections around. Bernie, I toast your efforts here with a scotch and soda left for me by Eric's shadow in the corner booth... Go to Member Reviews on AOL in the Musicspace channel everyone. I have a review of the Raspberries "Powerpop" series in Rock/Pop. Get these two wonderful volumes if you haven't already. Don Krider

- - - -

Bernie crying