R.I.P. "Wicked Gail" Wickers

I was just reading Kiwi's thread about her old Eric news letters she found - It referenced one of our fellow board members "Wicked Gail" Wickers. A few months ago she had friended me on facebook, so I thought I would check her page to see how she has been doing - I was sad to get to her page and read a number on condolences. I didn't see any particulars, but I remember when she re-surfaced on the board a few months ago she mentioned that she had been having a lot of personal issues and had attemped to take her own life.

She was a very nice person and I remember having a couple of great conversations with her at WAB V. I will remember the smiling / joyful Gail from that day.

R.I.P. frown

Tim

Guest Fresh

Sorry to hear of Gail's passing. I recall having had some banter with her a while back, and I just hope that she didn't suffer too much. RIP

Guest Rachan

You're right about her positive and honest posts.

She seemed to have "come back" when I had first signed on here & knew no one.

She really struck a chord with me because of admitting the suicide attempt.I was trying to deal with my sister committing suicide & admired her candor.

Depression is a very valid debilatating illness.

I hope to God that if anyone is struggling with depression they realize that it is treatable & not a weakness. It's just another bump in the road that can be overcome with the proper help.

I'm astonished because she seemed in such good humor when she signed back on here. What a terrible waste of a good life. Gail was a very sweet and lovely person and she loved being a member of EC.com. She became my Facebook friend just a little while back. It just doesn't seem possible that she's gone.

Oh, Gail, I'm sure you didn't realize how much you would be missed, but you truly will. I enjoyed meeting you and remember the great conversation we had and I will miss you so much. You are in my prayers and I'm so sorry you were in such pain. You took a lot of sunshine from us with your passing. You may not have known, but you warmed a lot of hearts and were loved here.

RIP, dear sweet Gail.

:(--Love, Darlene

PS Thanks so much, Tim, for letting us know.

How sad. I remember how positive she was. When she came back, she brought herself back to us. I remember how excited she was to go to a concert, after her return.

I think her husband had died, and left her with financial responsibilities. It was alot to handle for her. Her husband owed, if I remember her post. And someone had sued, which came out of some real estate property or something. It was terribly difficult for her. She wondered why he didn't handle things properly, before he died. And why she was left with his debt. It was his problem, and not hers. She probably missed him, and became depressed again.

But she did have friends for awhile, and we made her feel welcome. I hope her friends on facebook know that we are there for them. Maybe they have stories to tell, about the fun times they experienced. Maybe there will be a concert they like, that others here can go to. Or, a gathering of friends at a restaurant. To remember Gail.

I drove Gail home from the last Weekend At Bernies in '07, a 4 and a half hour trip. She definitely had a lot of issues then, mostly related to her husband's recent passing and his business, which she inherited. Very sorry to hear that she apparently wasn't able to sort out and get past her problems....

This is very sad -- I was at the 2007 Weekend at Bernie's and met Gail briefly -- too briefly. But you knew right away how passionate she was for great music. I hate to lose one of "ours." RIP Gail.

Oh how very tragic!! I remember Gail's excitment about meeting her father for the first time near last Christmas!! I am truly and deeply sorry to hear that she has passed on, but I chose to remember her joy over finally meeting her Dad!!

May God rest her soul and comfort all who loved her!! cryingpray