Why the world did not end...

missm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks guys, for sharing your thoughts. LAST NIGHT one of Mr Campings loyal followere called in on his sow OPEN FORUM. She was really socking it to him. She stated that, she has NOTHING left because of him. She was hysterical crying and said if she ever sees him, that she would SMACK him right in the face. AND it ended with her calling him a SOB.....

Hey thanks guys, for sharing your thoughts. LAST NIGHT one of Mr Campings loyal followere called in on his sow OPEN FORUM. She was really socking it to him. She stated that, she has NOTHING left because of him. She was hysterical crying and said if she ever sees him, that she would SMACK him right in the face. AND it ended with her calling him a SOB.....

The question begs to be asked... how much does Mr. Camping have left? If he was convinced the world was ending, why did he not use whatever to make the last days easier on those less fortunate?

I TOMMY TUNES know the reason the world did not end or why The Rapture did not happen on Saturday May 21, 2011.

Because I went to confession just a couple of hours before the time of theRapture and was pure of sin and believing in the Lord. I was preparewd. Of course the Rapture will come wjhen I am not so prepared for it.

Back to my "crackpot theories"... LOL

Sometimes when you are discussing things, the potential answers come to you in the strangest of ways...

The biggest problem people have with the Mayan Calander theory... that the end of the world coincides with the end of the Mayan Calander... or on December 21, 2012... is the classic idea that God has decreed that no man may know the hour of his returning...

Let me address a couple of these... starting with the one that just hit me as I sit here...

1. We are taking this from a scripture that is so open to translation because John was describing events that he could not understand, having no frame of reference. His comment that no man may know the hour could easily have been a proclamaition that he had no clue of the hour... or month... or year... that he was witnessing in his vision. The statement that one may know the seasons... well, again; he likely was stating that when you see the kinds of things he described, you'll know the time is near... Hence, it may not have been a mandate from God that said we can't know the time, it may have been an admission from John that he couldn't figure it out!

2. Re: the Mayans... if we take the literal statement that "no man may know the hour"... well, "may" may not equal "can"... if God truly did mean that he would not allow man to foreknow the end, then were the Mayans to be smart enough to figure it out... well, do you see any Mayans around? Their extinction may well be their punishment for their smarts... Think about it, the only way we know of their "calander" is that when the Catholic Priests were destroying their "heathen" writings; writings that they simply did not understand; one of the priests chose to save a few scrolls... Might it be that God's plan was to have all evidence of the Mayans' discovery erased but one lone priest disobeyed God's divine will? Let's face it, priests have been raping alter-boys and having children with nuns for centuries... so it's not like they're above sin...

Just a couple of thoughts... laugh