Why the world did not end...

missm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the rapture, the skies are dark, even though it is day. There is a hush of silence, they say.

This time is called 'The feast of the trumpets' (Note that the preceding return of the Messiah is with an incredible shout, or a thunderous, roaring and unmistakeable sound. Everyone will know something is happening, everywhere).

Umm...You just described a tornado and we all know that we have seen more than our share of those lately. So just maybe the rapture did happen and if you are reading this I guess that means (like me) you didn't make the cut! Better luck next time! lol!

Yes, that is a tornado, brownie. Didn't make the rapture, this time.

There's a passage in Revelation 8 about one third of the sun, stars, and moon not shining during the day or night, near the end of the world.

The return, the shout, the trumpet, the rapture; and meeting in the air:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

His return. And the tribes will mourn, because the sun, moon, and stars lose their light. The heavens are shakened, then the shout, and appearing: Matthew 24:29-30

IT is part of his back end prediction miriam. MR Camping said that once the rapture would happen on May 21st THAT the world would endure a 5 month judgment until October 21st. He was saying that the earth would be uninhabitable, and whoever was not raputured would be left suffering and dying until oct 21. Then GOD would destroy the earth. BUT NOW!!!!! HE had to modify that to where everYTHING WOULD happen all at once!! crazy

Didja ever think that the writer of the Book of Revelations, who likely was stoned/in a trance when God showed him these visions... was forced to exagerate simply because he did not have the technical knowledge or vocabulary to describe most of what he was seeing. Add to that, the man was "witnessing" worldwide events that transpire perhaps over the course of decades... condensed into a (series of) vision(s)? We are trying to glean the future from a man who did not share or common language or experiences...

If you extrapolate the events in the Book... and look at them in the past decades rather than trying to assume they are going to happen a day or a week or a month before the end, and you have to realize that it could be any day now... And if you consider the different views; notably the idea of PRE-Tribulation, MID-Tribulation or POST-Tribulation... you see that Christandom can't even agree on which point this "rapture" is supposed to happen.

The most common belief is "PRE-Trib"... but you could make a case that recent events are contained in the description of the Great Tribulation... the Gulf Oil Spill for one, as some theologians believe it fits the criteria of A) 1/3 of the waters turned to blood, B) 1/3 of the fishes of the sea killed, and 3) 1/3 of the ships destroyed (in this case, unusable at their designed purpose)... If that is indeed part of the "Great Tribulation", the best we can now hope for would be a "MID-Trib" rapture...

It didn't happen because it wasn't time--and no man knows either the day nor the hour. I believe the Bible was written by men inspired and directed by God. I believe when it's time, we'll certainly know it.

:)--D

See Amos 3:7

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets."

Whether this speaks to His current, future or past prophets is an interesting topic in itself.

Belle

That was one sad story. There was another one that I heard on the radio. I think he was 20, and thought that this was the end times.

Unlike what we're almost always hearing, it looks like there is tribulation first. Then, the gathering last. (See again, Matt: 24:29-the first part of the sentence; At the end of all this, is the gathering,(verse 31), not before (Not pre-tribulation). Verses 29-31 give the full context.

In history, it has been said that the pre-tribulation theory has only been taught over the last 100 years or more. And, not in all of history.

And yes, in revelations, John used metaphoric language sometimes: And I saw something like a....

Also, I was reading a commentary about the book of revelations. Books before told of Christ's humiliation. This book shows him in glorified form. Unlike other books in the Bible, it clearly tells of future (prohetic) events. Or eschatology, the doctrine of last things. In few other books is the ministry by angels so prominent. John was told by an angel sent by God. Chapters 1-3 is history. John had ministered to seven churches in asia minor. After that, the future visions.

Unlike what we're almost always hearing, it looks like there is tribulation first. Then, the gathering last. (See again, Matt: 24:29-the first part of the sentence; At the end of all this, is the gathering,(verse 31), not before (Not pre-tribulation). Verses 29-31 give the full context.

In history, it has been said that the pre-tribulation theory has only been taught over the last 100 years or more. And, not in all of history.

Isn't that just like "religious" men... always trying to find the loophole while appearing to be "Holier than thou" (I thank thee oh Lord that thou hast not made me a sinner, like this man)... and then looking to take the easy way out...

That's right, paulie. Too many think that since they teach, that they are holy. But, all along, they are sinners Until they leave this life. As long as they are here, they too are sinners. They follow, but He leads.

Here's a joke I heard from a pastor in his 70's. He was revered by his church, and honest:

At my age, I'm glad I'm still alive. Somethings I can't do as well. I have arthritis.

After I look at a younger lady than me, and have thoughts,

I know I'm still a sinner.(Laughs by the audience)

I pinch myself sometimes, too. Just to make sure that I'm alive.

When I no longer have any feeling, I guess I'm in heaven then.

He actually enjoyed being 'Alive'.

Sometimes the greatest sin is to try to appear to not sin... Jesus despised the "hypocrites" as much as he did the Pharasees and Saducees... Many of His parables were clearly about the idea that "organized" regiliosity does not mean you are more Holy than another, but rather what lies in your heart, and what comes out of your "mouth"... And by "mouth", I again think He was speaking in Parable... Because He also taught that the servant who voices agreement and does not follow the direction is worse than the servant who vocally protests, but in the end does as he is told...

What was in their heart, they spoke.

People who don't go to church can still listen or read. It looks like he spoke less about heaven, than what is taught. Usually, more about other things.

In the Jewish culture, they are taught to keep working, until He, or the Messiah is actually here. If he's not here or there, there's no need to stop doing what you do. If you don't see him, just keep going on as usual- Parties, meals, work, studying, etcetera.

Yes, Jesus spoke in parables, sometimes, so that the elite wouldn't understand. He spoke in story form, instead of always saying, 'Do this, and do that.' (Authoritative commands). It looks like he wanted people to think about the story. 'And who is the greatest of all?', he asked. It was the servant. And that's why he was here, to serve others, so that people would do the same.

Yes, highwayangel, he's supposed to be accountable to the board of elders who nominated him to be pastor.

If the next prediction doesn't happen, they should make him step down.

If I was in his congregation, I would keep asking, 'What happens if you're wrong again, pastor?' 'And why are people believing you're predictions?'

Some have said that his ministry has become predictions, rather than ministry.

If you guys read the last link i posted, let me know what you think, about whether or not Harold Camping should be held responsible to a certain point. I REALLY feel sorry for these folks...

While I do feel the pastor should be held, I have a hard time feeling sorry for these people. First off, if the world is going to end, what good is it to sell and give away your worldly possessions now? The world was going to be ending for everyone so no one would have a use for money. Making the sacrifice on the last day is too little too late.