Why the world did not end...

missm

Dear Brave Souls, just to note, that the rapture has been delayed due to an apparent glitch in the angels' union

which went on strike because they insisted that not only ALL people be taken up, but also all pets, animals, trees, mountains and everything else with a soul.

So the angels walked out last Saturday, and they couldnt get enough scabs to fill in.

And the angels say they can remain on strike indefinitely and for those on earth who think only the elite get to go on the rapture ride, when everything holy has to do with matters of souls being loved and cared for, to just get over it.

I did not write this, but thought it was a good reason for the world not to have ended on 5/21

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many theories... so little time...

Do we know for certain it didn't happen? Are we assuming because we are still here... what if the rapture is just for the part of our spirit that qualifies as our soul?

Did we take into account that Mr. Camping is likely a "pre-trib" believer, rather than a "post-trib" or "mid-trib?"

Many theologians believe(d) that the creation of Israel as a country started the countdown... that "this generation shall not pass" before the return of the Lord... If you allow for the theory that "70 years is a generation," then that would mean the rapture should take place by 2018...

But wait... if the rapture is to be "post-trib"... (meaning we all have to suffer through the great trubulation before being raptured)... that would put the beginning of the tribulation as 2011...

so... perhaps... just perhaps... Camping was keying in on the beginning of the Great Tribulation, and his error was in assuming the rapture was to be the start, not the end, of that event...

Just a thought... laugh

Good thought, Paulie. Of course knowing that the Bible states that even Jesus doesn't know when He will return, how can we mere humans know? All I know is, I'm ready anytime. The way the world is now, the sooner the better!

The funniest thing is that Rev. Camping now says the end will come on October 21, 2011!! Still trying to dick someone out of a birthday!! My hubby's birthday is 10/21...at least we can celebrate it some.

Seriously, Lori you are right scripture tells us that not even Jesus knew when the end would come!! Scripture also warns us about false prophets!!

As for those who are waiting for the Rapture..good luck

Guest Fresh

Tommy Tunes has 5 months to go before he needs to have his Confession heard again! That's a lifetime of evil fun for some of us!!! blushspin:liplick:haha

Harold became a numerologist.

I've heard other scholars say that the rapture is supposed to occur the fall season, but know one knows when.

Before the rapture, the skies are dark, even though it is day. There is a hush of silence, they say.

This time is called 'The feast of the trumpets' (Note that the preceding return of the Messiah is with an incredible shout, or a thunderous, roaring and unmistakeable sound. Everyone will know something is happening, everywhere).

There are things that are ignored in prophecy.

But, I heard what the signs are, on the radio, by someone else:

Israel will agree to peace one day, because,

(Maybe Israel gets more land, the temple to be rebuilt; able to do their own sacrifices again; An agreement to build on the temple mount, beside another religious site, already there).

Israel, one day, will disarm.

The antichrist will go into the rebuilt temple and declare himself to be God. He breaks the peace plan halfway through, about 3 1/2 years before the total 7 years promised.

The armies of the world will go after Israel.

Then, two thirds will be destroyed by the war.

Only one third will be left in Israel, according to the Scriptures. God always uses the least, to get His message across. He saves the few, to counfound the wise. ('How could it be possible that a few remain?', they might ask.

Israel will cry out, one last time, and God will come to the present time, live. But this time, in the form of a person, Jesus or the Messiah as it is told (Meschiach, in Hebrew).

(Then the battle never seen on earth before- One person against all the armies of the entire world). If He really is God, then He will prove it in one day.

Jesus, or the Messiah will fight the battle alone, by only one person- himself. Then (It has been thought this way), after the war, he personally walks the people of Israel back to Jerusalem, after opening the east gate. His garments stained, and the shock of realizing that this is their Messiah.

The fact is/facts are... we don't know all the facts... We have to remember that our information comes from a "Book" that was cobbled and pieced together and translated by people who had their own axe to grind... People who, while wanting the average Joe to be able to read it, had a vested interest into seeing that they remained the power that was between them and God...

Not trying to say that the Vatican or King James had any ill-will toward the people, but... they could have, with the purest of motives, deleted information they thought would either confuse us, give us too much power, or lessen their own... (Now that I think of it, maybe those were'nt the purest of motives...) :yikes:

Our faith in God comes through a book that we are told He "inspired" men to write... and edited by men who chose which "inspired" words were actually inspired by God...

Do we know for a fact that such excluded tomes... like the Gospel of Mary Magdeline or the Gospel of Judas Iscariot are less truth than what was included? We do not... aside from having faith in other human beings. Our faith in God is therefore dependent on other sinners telling us the truth... (Remember, the Word that they allowed us to see does indeed say that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God!)

That said, we only have it by faith that there is not a set time... and so the vagueness of the return can be used like a "carrot on a stick" to keep us on what is said to be the straight and narrow...

Food for thought? laugh

True, paulie about the Book.

Yes, it was written by regular, and some scholarly people.

I was explaining some things from the text being the Bible that are not taught, even by some people who believe in the rapture. Although I might follow some of the things (Help the poor; Don't forget the orphans and widows), but I don't follow everything. Just a normal person, like everyone else.

If there is a rapture, in the future, the signs are here.

Some say that the news we hear, and the Bible are paralleling each other, right now.

Regarding prophecies in the past- I think it is, so far, over 300 biblical prophecies (future predictions) that have already been fulfilled. That would be impossible by anyone's guesses, some say, for all of them to happen.

I like the above two posts. I don't know if it's because of my age or what, but I've called a lot of things into question over the last couple years, including the above points Paulie makes. But I have had enough spiritual (or maybe some would say supernatural) experiences in my life that I undoubtably believe in the existence of God and Jesus.

I have heard a reputable scholar state that the KJV is still the best word-for-word translation and the NIV is the best thought-for-thought version; I guess this all depends on the readers' preference, although the original writings were in the common vernacular of their day.

But why were some writings included and others excluded when it came to determining what went into the Bible as we know it? The gospel of Barnabas, which was left out, says somewhere within it that 1000 years is like one day to the Lord and that Jesus will return in two days, or 2000 years. Perhaps that gospel may not have been included in the canon because the followers were to live like He could return at any day? (It sure is significant to us though, and consistent with what Mike writes above.)

I also think that if the Apostle Paul knew that his letters would someday be included as scripture, he might have been a little more careful with how he worded some of the things he wrote, such as the role of women in the worship service and the stuff about head coverings in 1st Corinthians, which don't seem to make much sense unless you know about the customs of that time or the literature he was making reference to.

The signs are indeed here, IMHO. Just my 2 cents...

Dave, you are so correct... when Paul wrote about women "being silent" in the church... he was referring to them shouting questions to their husbands, as the custom was for a segregated service... men on one side and women on the other... He was not suggesting that women had no place, but rather they should not interrupt the person speaking by shouting questions and holding conversations with their spouse during... something that really would hold true, even today...

Of course, like with so many other things; men trying to keep as much power for themselves form rules and guidelines that conveniently qualify them and disqualify others...

There is also a comment about men being "husband to one wife" or not being fit for a position of leadership... consider the times; polygamy was, if not rampant, at least not uncommon... Paul was saying that a man can not satisfy more than one woman and still be a leader in the church... he has no time or energy... but those lucky men who have never suffered a divorce use that verse to disqualify any man who has been divorced... as if God can forgive any and every other sin but that... Somewhere out there is a man who killed his wife with an axe; repented, and is held up as a fine example of a Christian man because he was never divorced... Go figure...

And the funny thing about "one wife" is that a man is allowed to be remarried again, if his wife has died.

I always wanted to try to say this, to some man who thinks that he's 'super spiritual'. And he doesn't like being alone(Meaning here, loyal to his wife). 'Did you know that you'll marry another women, other than you're current wife, when she dies? Yes, you can have two wives in your lifetime'.

And today, Dave, I know of three pastors who are women. They do a great job. One reason is that they teach from the text, and have a good balance of interpretation of the passage or message they want to teach.

And today, Dave, I know of three pastors who are women. They do a great job. One reason is that they teach from the text, and have a good balance of interpretation of the passage or message they want to teach.

And it's not even limited to "pastors"... I knew a guy once who left a church because they sponsored a trip for members to go to a Joyce Meyer conference... he was incensed because "women have no place in the pulpit"... which, even were it true, is not the case with Joyce, who does not nor never has, to my knowledge, tried to have her own church/pulpit... I've actually been to a couple of her events (in a previous "life") and found her quite refreshing... intelligent... articulate... knowledgable... and very adamant that you shoud be loyal to your own church before you ever consider attending or supporting her ministry...

But this jackass guy... well, I won't name-call, but upon his death I've no doubt you could slay some Phillistines with his jawbone... laugh

Excuse me, but God's name is Yahweh or Yaweh, and one of his original commandments (Which the Catholics altered) was not to call him by any other name...

We can't even get that right.

Jesus' real name is Yahshua...

Just because the language gets changed though translation, since when do actual names get changed also?

Guest Fresh

Actually Tony, the literal translation of God's name from the oldest writings is "YHWH", and is unpronounceable. Rutgers Univ. Old Testament...1974!!! haha

Guest Fresh

Tony, my brother, I love you. When are you coming to NY so we can sit down together and have a meal and talk and laugh??

Speak to Ira, my booking agent!! hahahaha

We're having lunch with Bobby Vee and we'll do Take Good Care of My Baby on karaoke!! haha

Guest Fresh

Actually, John, Ira told me he will wallpaper the bedroom in his new condo with the Bobby Vee article!!! hahahaha

(Ira knows I love him, so he won't get pissed(maybe!). haha