HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LES R!! * May 18*

dianed

Happy Happy Birthday, Les R !! birthday

It’s that time of year again to put another candle on that cake !! Have a very happy day ! spin

If you were born on May 18: While you are sociable and confident, you have a spiritual side and a strong need for privacy. You are creative, unusual, passionate, and a tad mysterious, but ultimately very reliable and trustworthy. You possess tremendous business sense, and the determination to go after what you want. You are imaginative and know how to use your imagination in the business world.

2011 will be a Number Nine year for you. Ruled by Mars. This is a year of completion and transition. It is a time when we need to let go of things that no longer serve their purpose, and hold on to things that have a future. It is a time of cleaning out dead wood, not necessarily for new beginnings. It can be a time when a burden has been taken off your shoulders, and it can be a year of giving of yourself. Advice - let go of things that are holding you back, give of yourself and express your sympathetic, compassionate side.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, belated and otherwise, and prayers for our safety! I think Friday the 13th came about a week early for me. My birthday was Wednesday, had my worst car accident ever on Thursday, and yesterday the tornado. But thankfully we were not hurt by either! The intersection where I broadsided a guy who was turning left and failed to yield was wiped clean by the tornado, I don't even recognize it. His car was totaled. Amazingly we are OK and car will be driveable to the body shop, although the body shop that was supposed to fix my car was destroyed by the tornado! Go figure...

Oh yeah, my daughter just got her braces 2 hours before the accident, and her orthodontist's office no longer exists...

- Les

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, belated and otherwise, and prayers for our safety! I think Friday the 13th came about a week early for me. My birthday was Wednesday, had my worst car accident ever on Thursday, and yesterday the tornado. But thankfully we were not hurt by either! The intersection where I broadsided a guy who was turning left and failed to yield was wiped clean by the tornado, I don't even recognize it. His car was totaled. Amazingly we are OK and car will be driveable to the body shop, although the body shop that was supposed to fix my car was destroyed by the tornado! Go figure...

Oh yeah, my daughter just got her braces 2 hours before the accident, and her orthodontist's office no longer exists...

- Les

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? :yikes:

Seriously, I'd be out buying lottery tickets right now if I survived all that in such a short span! Glad you and your family are safe; building can be rebuilt much easier than lives...

Thanks for the update, Les. It's a relief to know you and your family were spared from the accident and the twister. My boss has given approval for me to come over and help out any way I can. Is the Starbucks at Rangeline and 7th still there, or should I bring my own brew? wink

Starbucks on Range Line Road (south as well as north) is still there, as is the one next door to it in Target! But almost everything in between them is destroyed, including the big box stores. And just make sure you're out of town before dark, because the main drag may not get power back today. All 20 hotels on I-44 were in the dark last night! They said it could be two weeks before the rest of what is left of town gets any power back on.

Wow, Les! I'm glad you're o.k. I heard a soundbite that was recorded on a phone, last night, on a radio show. The people ran to the back refrigerator. And they made it through. It seemed to go on for just less than one minute. I've never heard the power of a tornado like that, before.