What are you reading ?

Bessieboo

I'll check to see if it is on Kindle or Nook ,I'm bringing both. Audio would be great, the movement of the plane gives me a headache.

I will say I have to find a few younger images of Keith Richards to keep in my head.

The pictures my son sent me of Keith partying on South Beach were too creepy.

Is that too judgmental ?

Guest Rachan

I would say that's pretty realistic! Keith has become creepy.

Who the hell falls out of a tree in their 60's?!!

I bought my husband the book for Christmas & he loved it.

The last novel I read was Water for Elephants.

I liked the book but hated the movie.

I don't know why I keep doing that! I should see the movie and then read the book.

I also just finished Having a Mary Heart in A Martha World by Joanna Weaver

It's a good book that teaches balance in a interesting manner.

Parts of it really drive me crazy. spin

Guest Rachan

Alot of books don't translate well to film...I think even more so when you really fall in love with the characters & have a set image in your mind of what they should be

"Defeating Depression...The Calm and Sense Approach to Happiness" by Leo Battenhausen. Leo works for me and is a great therapist in Union County NJ. Plus "Economic Facts and Fallacies" by Thomas Sewell. (See I really am a boring Sod!) spin

John,

Thomas Sowell is great. I'm currently reading his book on the boom & bust, reasons for it etc. He's cogent, understandable and mostly right on. I'm going to read much more by him. I've got the book you're reading but it's been on my "to read" pile for a long time.

James

Reading is such a foreign concept to me. Perhaps dyslexia has something to do with it. I have never found joy in it all. I envy those who actually enjoy it. I have often wondered what it is like to pick up a book and begin...reading...

Yet...I LOVE to write and I LOVE to be read to.

Strange, but true...

John,

Thomas Sowell is great. I'm currently reading his book on the boom & bust, reasons for it etc. He's cogent, understandable and mostly right on. I'm going to read much more by him. I've got the book you're reading but it's been on my "to read" pile for a long time.

James

Good stuff James. I usually load up on my pleasure-reading material just prior to vacation!!!

Reading is such a foreign concept to me. Perhaps dyslexia has something to do with it. I have never found joy in it all. I envy those who actually enjoy it. I have often wondered what it is like to pick up a book and begin...reading...

Yet...I LOVE to write and I LOVE to be read to.

Strange, but true...

I'm not dyslexic, but I don't read much (probably because I just don't have the time) but like you, I love to write. However, between work and all the cakes I have coming up...I don't know that I will have much time for that either.

Wendy

How about audio books ?

My youngest is dyslexic and is ravenous about audio books

If I was interested in a book than that would be the best bet. That's why I think I like to be read to.

However, I think because reading was always difficult for me, I have never had a huge interest in it. So I have to push myself.

I remember in school the teachers would give me a ruler to cover up any additional text so I could just focus on the line I was reading. Teachers weren't versed in dylexia in the 60's/70's.

But I do like to read articles. I think because I can comprehend them with ease. The shorter the better for me at times.

I'm reading a book called " Ich weiß, wer du bist: Das Geheimnis, Gesichter zu lesen" ( yes, in German ! ) It translates into " I know who you are, the secret of reading faces"..... might sound a little weird, but it's really very interesting.

happy

I hear this one is pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OEI...ASIN=B004OEIMVC

laugh

Bernie

You know...I actually read this whole book...in 3 months mind you! Hey, that's record time for me. I soooooo think that the author rocks, so I gave it a shot! (Now if I could get this on audio...I'd be a happy camper.)

I was very happy with the photos too. A picture book always works best for me. haha

See Eric.

See Eric play.

See Eric play the piano.

Keith Richards "Life." Even better on audio CD, narrated by Johnny Depp! 20 CD's!!!!

It is SO GREAT to hear about you Eric!! LuvLove

Love your reading...Wow, J. Depp's voice...terrific!!

BTW, I am reading these days an U.S author ERSKINE CALDWELL. Such a great writer.

I'm rading almost his whole work. Example: "Jackpot".

"Erskine Preston Caldwell (December 17, 1903 – April 11, 1987) was an American author.[1][2] His writings about poverty, racism and social problems in his native South like the novels Tobacco Road and God's Little Acre won him critical acclaim, but they also made him controversial among fellow Southerners of the time who felt he was deprecating the people of the region..."

And Johnny Depp has a new movie on May 20th, Eric. The Pirates

Yes, Bessieboo, it's true that everyone learns better in different ways. I learn incredibly well by audio. It seems I have more time to listen. But I like reading on the weekends. Not always books, though.

This one is in magazine form, a Special Collectors Edition, from November 24, 2010:

Rolling Stone

The Beatles 100 Greatest Songs.

Language books, with a CD giving the correct accent.

I tell you I love the kindle and Nook ! I downloaded four more books and two audio books in just a few moments.

I like magazines and the News on the Nook because of the color.

They are so light I can fit both in my purse.

I would still like a few more suggestions