Richard Marx-Stories To Tell

Just bought the two disc/one DVD set and it is AMAZING! One disc is his greatest hits and the other is acoustic versions of many of them, while the DVD is a concert.

I usually don't care for stripped down versions of songs (though I loved John Lennon's Double Fantasy) but this is an incredible CD. Richard sings most of his hits and a few other gems with only a piano or acoustic guitar and I can't say enough about it, after only one listen.

This makes me REALLY want Eric to consider doing something like this. How incredible would it be to hear him do ten or twelve new versions of songs like "Boats" or "All By Myself" or "I Can Remember" or "Let's Pretend" with just him and the piano? Wow!

. . . This makes me REALLY want Eric to consider doing something like this. How incredible would it be to hear him do ten or twelve new versions of songs like "Boats" or "All By Myself" or "I Can Remember" or "Let's Pretend" with just him and the piano? Wow!

Great idea - and I am convinced that there are others beside you and me who would LOOOOOVE new versions of Eric's songs!

This makes me REALLY want Eric to consider doing something like this. How incredible would it be to hear him do ten or twelve new versions of songs like "Boats" or "All By Myself" or "I Can Remember" or "Let's Pretend" with just him and the piano? Wow!

Eric + piano + Let's Pretend = happy

Please....Pretty Please! pray

Let's Pretend!!!

I do like the idea of a "raw" version of a song. And if that's what you mean by "new version" than I suppose for me...yeah...I could dig listening to "Let's Pretend" with just Eric as he plays it on the piano. Yep...I think I could.

I was all fired up and went to two WalMarts this weekend. Niether one had the CD.

Today, I went online and the online supply has been sold out! frown

I'll have to wait and see if it will turn up elsewhere.

It was on Amazon.com but for more than twice the WalMart price. baby

Regarding Marx, I heard him in a lengthy interview segment on the "Bubba The Love Sponge" morning show back while I was still in FL... What a great interview and funny guy... he did a spot-on acapella version of the Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive", and told some great stories about his early career in particular... If you stumble onto in on the net anywhere, it's really worth listening to! laugh

• 2 weeks later...