The King's Speech...

hollies65

Hey Steve. I must disagree on the films. I saw The King's Speech and gave it a solid A. Saw True Grit, gave it a solid B. The original was superior, in my opinion. I am also very biased when it comes to remakes of ANYTHING...movies, songs, etc. The remake has to clearly be BETTER than the original for me to give it a thumbs-up. After all, somebody already laid the path, all the remake has to do is follow. If a remake gives us nothing new, then what is the point? Did not yet see Social Network. It is on my list.

Glenn Campbell and Kim Darby were very weak in the original film, agreed. But John Wayne made the Rooster Cogburn character have charisma. Jeff Bridges really did not do it for me.

Everybody has a different opinions. That's what makes the world go round. I thought The King's Speech was great, but I loved The Social Network, which is obviously more relevant to the contemporary scene. How could I not love The King's Speech with the musical backdrop it presented?! True Grit was good, but John Wayne is tough to equal, let alone beat.

I was hoping against hope that Jesse Eisenberg would win because I've known him and his family for so many years. I was SO very proud of him though, in that movie, and in his seat tonight at the Oscars. It was so thrilling to see him nominated for an Oscar his first time out in a big film. I just love the kid!

Melissa Leo's f-bomb was just not too classy, was it?

:)--D

I saw it tomorrow!

It was very interesting! It riminds me "My Fair Lady".

I have been to England three times because my brother lived in London for five years. I love English tradition,culture,interior and mood.

Then Steve,I also thought that the story is predictable.

Guest Fresh

Tony, I saw that time gaffe, but I wasn't gonna' touch it! Thank God we have "Fearless" Cartmill here to handle the delicate issues!!!