Eric Carmen: Marathon Man - eBook!

Raspbernie

From his formative musical beginnings, to his chart-toppers with Raspberries, to his solo career smash hits, Eric Carmen has proven himself a musical genius with few equals. This fully authorized, in-depth biography follows Eric as he journeys from a small town in Ohio to national and international fame. All he wanted was a hit record (yeah!) He got it, and more! With a Foreword by Cameron Crowe.

Out of print for years and updated with nearly a hundred new pages, the critically-acclaimed Eric Carmen: Marathon Man is available as an eBook for the first time.

You can buy the eBook directly from Amazon.com for the Kindle or on iPad and iPhone through the Apple iBooks app only ($9.99) or via Smashwords download for multiple devices—iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad, B&N nook, Sony Reader, laptop, etc. ($12.99)

Not only that, but I have a special offer for EricCarmen.com members at Smashwords. if you already own the print version of the book, I am offering a limited discount coupon that will allow you to buy the updated Smashwords eBook for only $9.99. Email me at raspbernie@ericcarmen.com for the coupon code.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER FROM SMASHWORDS

CLICK HERE TO ORDER FROM AMAZON

Still not convinced? How 'bout this...you can read the first few chapters of the book at Smashwords, the Apple iBookstore and Amazon for FREE! So, check it out!

Bernie

A sure sign of the times is this statistic: at Amazon.com, eBooks are now outselling hardcover and paperback books! And last week's New York Times magazine listed the eBook Best Sellers for the first time! Glad I got the memo, and pushed Eric Carmen: Marathon Man into the digital age!

As for eBook readers, Kindle seems to be the hands-down best piece of hardware for reading books—if that's all you're doing. Lightweight, with a battery that lasts over a month on a single charge, plus the ability to wirelessly download books and read them anywhere just can't be beat.

The Nook has a color-screen, but it faces such an uphill battle to dethrone Kindle that you have to wonder if it'll survive. It's basically Barnes & Noble's last ditch effort to avoid going out of business. The color is not really necessary for book reading, as 99.9% of every book is just black ink on white paper anyway.

The iPad is something to get if you're not just looking to read books. It is a book reader, but it's heavier and can't really compete against Kindle in bright sunlight. But, all of the other wonderful things it can do, makes it one of the greatest pieces of technology EVER!

Me? I have a Kindle and an iPad. Best of both worlds.

Bernie

While re-reading the book after making all of the updates to the text, which brought it from its 2004 publication date up to date including all of the Raspberries reunion rehearsals and shows, I made an observation: Ken and I did a f---ing GREAT job writing this!

smile

There are so many incredibly interesting parts of Eric's story from his hilarious military training in high school to the gang-style hit at a German bar Raspberries was patronizing to the calamitous parking lot brawl that inevitably broke up the band to Eric's fall from the stage (and subsequent visit to a Japanese pharmacist for pain medication) in Tokyo and everything in-between. This book would make one highly entertaining movie script!

Hmmm...

Bernie

Sevral new chapters???Mada it! Great!!!

"Marathon Man"(hard cover) was sold for 1080 dollars in the auction of Japan recently. :yikes:

Quote:
We currently have two options to order: directly from Amazon.com for the Kindle only ($9.99) or via Smashwords download for multiple devices—iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad, B&N nook, Sony Reader, laptop, etc. ($12.99)

I'm sorry I don't know about eBook.

Is this download "Sony Walkman" or computer?

I just bought this! I think it's great that this is available again, especially in formats not requiring an e-reader. I was inspired to write this silly poem, though:

Technology is great.

I don't miss loading records on a spindle.

But how, oh how,

Can Eric Carmen ever sign my Kindle? smile

Seriously, it's a very good book with a lot of interesting information in it. Buy it if you can!

Smashwords offers downloads that can be printed including TEXT and PDF.

Bernie

Just curious, is there anyway of purchasing the HTML version but being able to read it in a web-based way, rather than having to download it to a single computer? It would be nice to be able to read it from home, work, or wherever.

I ask because it looked like there is a login feature on smashwords. Or is that jut for account management?

You've got it exactly right... when you sign up with smashwords and buy a book there, you can access the books you purchase and are able to download them to any device. You also have the ability to read them right there at the website on whatever computer you're on or wherever you happen to be. Pretty cool.

Bernie