OLD Jewish Comedians

ira

Well, my first video was so well received, I thought I'd try another one...

Seriously, though- my Mom's parents were Jewish, my Mom was Jewish, by birth, that makes me Jewish- we all thought this record was hilarious. Maybe 1966 funny is not the same as 2011 funny, I dunno. Anyway, here's one more:

Darlene..My Lecherous Lantzman (Paisan) Lasciviously Lauding Lydia is so deliciously filthy...and playful...and somehow clean!!!

This is a lost art...still preserved by Seinfeld who carries the torch for the "Old Jewish Comedians".

Good old "Julius" is so deliciously charming that it's not even dirty--just a bit naughty. Every time he rolls those eyes and breaks out in that beatific smile I just fall in love with him all over again. Mrs. Marx had some cool sons, but Julius, well, he was just beyond words. You can almost see him blush when he rolls those eyes and puts that angelic smile on his face. Ah, Julius, I'll bet you could get away with anything with women in your day.

Ya gotta love him.

:)--D

I posted this before but it fits here:

When my son (Ronnie) was about four years old he visited his dad at work at the TV station in Hawaii. The Stooges were there and one of them held him on his lap and talked to him for quite a while. They were so nice to a little kid and Ronnie was very excited to tell me about it. My then husband said they were really nice, sincere guys.

Being Ronnie's mom I appreciated anyone making my son happy.

Belle

Yeah GMan, for me Rodney was hands down the best! Nobody could touch him when he was in his prime.

And it was a hoot watching his movies. When he was doing the acting, playing a character, he'd still be doing his nervous twitch things he did....as if he was on stage, doing stand-up!..

haha

RIP Rodney, thanks for the laughs man!..

James

Darlene..That movie you remember which so beautifully captures the elegance and refined culture of Staten Island (which now has been revealed to the world via MTV's "Jersey Shore") was Rodney's first starring vehicle.."Easy Money".