2011 NFL Playoffs

LC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I like you Hollies... I would be surprised if anyone in Cleveland loved the Steelers... It shows you are a true fan to your team and city....and well 41 reasons not to love us this year... (41-9 last game)

I wear my 6 Super Bowl hat with pride.

Also a Penns and Pirate fan (hows that working for me, the Pirate fan... 17 losing season in a row... the horror!)

Go Steelers!

I didn't want to talk about this weekend's games yet.

But, it looks like a favorites weekend.

I'm looking at some things now.

Remember to look at totals and point spreads.

They will change by thursday or friday, I would think.

These are the lines put out by the oddsmakers.

Here's an interesting stat- Traditionally, the team who has the third road game again, which is the Packers, usually loses. I'll know more by saturday.

Saturday:

Seattle Seahawks/Chicago Bears. About the same number, +10, when Seattle beat New Orleans Saints. +10(Seahawks to lose by 10, a tie, or less- a win)., and 40 or 41 total predicted game score.

New York Jets/New England Patriots. A +9,+8(N.Y.Jets to lose by 9 or less, or 8 or less). And about a 44.5 total game score . Not sure if this should be a higher total. But then again, I expect NY Jets to score three touchdowns. And to kick several field goals, if they want to win the game.

Sunday:

Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers. -3.5(Steelers are favorite, by the minus sign) And a 37.5, 36.5 total . Fumbles by Pittsburg would help Baltimore.

Green Bay Packers/Atlanta Falcons. -2(Falcons favored). And a 45, or 45.5 total at the moment. Both teams will be throwing the long pass ball on this game, early, I believe. And a few blocked passes, and interceptions.

I think the best betting strategy is to ask me for my predictions, and then go with the opposite. I was totally fooled by the Seahawks, Jets, and, yes, the Pack last week, so I batted a pathetic .250.

This week, I'm picking:

* Seattle to keep rolling, even on the road.

* Pittsburgh to win at home over the valiant Ravens.

* Green Bay to upset the Falcons in Atlanta.

* New England to trounce the Jets.

Maybe I'll see that Packers/Steelers Super Bowl yet!

I now look at the Ravens having a strong game against Pittsburg, and a close game. The same with the Green Bay/Atlanta.

Foreseeing high scoring, I'll probably wager on the first and third quarters of Packers/Falcons. Probably to Packers favor, but maybe the closest game, with Baltimore Ravens/ Pittsburg Steelers being the other.

The third and fourth quarters of Ravens/Pittsburg could decide the game, to Ravens favor, I think with key passing sometimes.

The first half is important to Seattle and Chicago. It was +10 for Seattle, but it could be above -10 for Chicago's favor in the final full game score.

Patriots/Jets- I first saw this at 27 to 24 for the Jets. Now I look at a higher score of 36 to 38 Patriots, to 17 to 24 NY Jets. But, NY will have a chance on an almost perfect game, if they could keep New England in the 20's scoring range with missed passes.

Hard to find fault with any part of GB's game tonight, Billy. There may not be any chinks in that armor.... The biggest test will come after next week (Chicago or Seattle? -- it won't matter). Maybe I'll get that Pittsburgh/Packers Super Bowl after all....

Report from the IL / WI Border, the IL side:

If the Bears and Packers play for the NFC crown it'll get bigger TV numbers than the folowing Super Bowl, and not just up here, nationally, too.

It will also make the coming week a complete wipeout for workplace productivity in two states, emotional connection with one's family and friends (except to talk about The Game), and make driving generally hazardous as people obsess about Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, the Soldiers Field turf, how Aaron Rodgers became The Man, and GB linebackers who body double for Fabio.

Here's how bad it is up here: My GB fan pastor taunts Bears fans -- from the pulpit, during Mass. My Bears fan associate pastor taunts his boss back, during Mass. The congregation's Sunday Best is their team's swag. A sea of blue, orange, green, yellow.

As a Bears fan I was cheering like crazy for the Packers last night. Football is better up here when both teams are rolling.

A Packers' fan who isn't cheering for the Bears today doesn't want to see the best game next week.

It would absolutely be a once in a lifetime thrill.

Man up, ladies and gents.

52 minutes to game time!

Go Bears!

"Keith"

From your "Big Blue" cousins to "Gang Green"...go get 'em guys!! Go JETS!

GMan, this proves you're a nice guy — a Giants fan wishing well to the Jets. Living here in New England, I can tell you that every Patriots fan I know is 100% sure of a victory today.... So it would be nice to have the Jets shut 'em up (even though a win would keep the Jets yappin'...).

Ultimately, I'm still hoping for a Pittsburgh/Packers Super Bowl....

Report from the IL / WI Border, the IL side:

If the Bears and Packers play for the NFC crown it'll get bigger TV numbers than the folowing Super Bowl, and not just up here, nationally, too.

It will also make the coming week a complete wipeout for workplace productivity in two states, emotional connection with one's family and friends (except to talk about The Game), and make driving generally hazardous as people obsess about Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, the Soldiers Field turf, how Aaron Rodgers became The Man, and GB linebackers who body double for Fabio.

Here's how bad it is up here: My GB fan pastor taunts Bears fans -- from the pulpit, during Mass. My Bears fan associate pastor taunts his boss back, during Mass. The congregation's Sunday Best is their team's swag. A sea of blue, orange, green, yellow.

As a Bears fan I was cheering like crazy for the Packers last night. Football is better up here when both teams are rolling.

A Packers' fan who isn't cheering for the Bears today doesn't want to see the best game next week.

It would absolutely be a once in a lifetime thrill.

Man up, ladies and gents.

52 minutes to game time!

Go Bears!

"Keith"

Hey Tom (can I call you "Tom" here, or should I stick with your screen name?),

Well said. A Packers/Bears championship game would be a dream come true for the networks and fans of old-fashioned, traditional NFL "black-and-blue division" football. Great fun.... The beauty of it for me is, if the Pack loses, I honestly won't feel as much pain as I used to. But... I still want 'em to win.

First things first: the Seahawks won't lie down today. I think this will be a battle and a close game, and a Seahawks upset wouldn't be all that shocking. A little bit, but not a lot. We have two QBs who can get really hot — or really cold. Which one will come through in this do-or-die game?

Ten minutes to kickoff....

I'd like to nominate McCarthy Coach of the Year, Thompson executive of the year and give Capers defensive coach of the year, if there is a such thing. Any team that has 14 guys on IR, 6 of them starters, at least of 2 of them pro bowlers, and get the results out of the roster they get, deserve mentioning. Not only have the Packers shown they have great depth, they have won 4 straight playoff (for them the Giants and Bears games were playoff games). Next week's championship game in Chicago should be a great one --- I can't wait!