Prince William...not a moment too soon..

missm

Being that I am and always have been a serious "royalist" the news this morning was almost too much for me to bear. "Wills" was engaged!! Wow another royal wedding in out lifetime!! Does anyone other than me remember how you felt when Chuck married Di? If you do please share it!!

I think most of us do remember when Wills was born. My special tie to Chuck and Di is the fact that their wedding was the most exciting event of that particular year. Additionally, Di gave birth to Prince Harry on my wedding day in 1984!!

For those who are part of the Empire, I apologize for referring to Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana as "Chuck and Di". I mean no disrespect.

When princess Di was in the fatal accident my 10 year old nephew caught the "breaking news" on television.

My sister was in the bathroom & he knocked on the door frantically & screamed in "Mom....Princess Di was just killed " My sister was shocked & yelled out "What?!!! What happened" & he told her (he was 10 ..mind you) "Pavarotti was chasing her on a motorcycle!!"

How's that for a visual??

I loved Princess Diana, I remember watching the wedding on TV...2 days later I loaded up my 1980 honda civic and drove across country from Rhode Island to California...it took me 4 days, I remember coming off highway 10 getting on the Pacific coast Highway heading north..what a feeling..I was 22 and about to start on a totally new life...3 months later I met my future Hubby..Good Memories, Diana's boys were born in 82 and 84..mine were born in 83 and 86....I cried when she died. I think she would have been very proud of both her boys..they seem very grounded...just what she wanted. and I'm sure she would have welcomed Kate with open arms.

Pavarotti hahahaha

m -

I was working in London in '84 when Prince Harry was born. I lived @ the Barbican Centre and distinctly remember the fireworks over the Thames near St. Paul's Cathederal. He of course is known as the "spare"...while William is known as the "heir".

I could ONLY imagine how everyone celebrated in '82 when William was born.

BTW...William gave his fiancee his mother's ring (how romantic......cheap bastard...I kid I kid).

j - how amazing for you to have lived in London when Prince Harry was born!! I saw fireworks on the evening of 9/15/84, but they had nothing to do with Prince Harry wink! Yep, Wills is the Heir Apparant and Harry the spare. I'm just glad there is no Heir Presumptive.

I had tears in my eyes this morning when I saw that Prince William gave Kate Diana's engagement ring. To me it symbolizes her presence in both of their lives. Princess Diana was proud of both of her boys in life and I am certain that she is still proud of them. I can hardly wait for the wedding!! - m

Does anyone other than me remember how you felt when Chuck married Di? If you do please share it!!

I was 19 years old when they married. I set the VCR and watched the wedding when I got up. I was affixed to the TV and the grandeur of the whole ceremony. Though I hated Diana’s dress (and apparently so did she) I was enthralled by all the pageantry. It was like a fair tale wedding. It was so romantic!

Unfortunately her prince really wasn’t “Prince Charming.†(Then again, a lot of our's aren't, huh?) I wish she had lived to find him. Everyone deserves to be loved and to give love back.