I am reading!!!!

Aventurine

I read a lot of books recently.

I introduce the books that some members seems to be interesting in.

“MUSICOPHILIA Tales of Music and the Brainâ€

by Oliver Sacks

His work was well-known “Awakeningsâ€â€œThe Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hatâ€also in Japan.

Medicine essay that considers influence that music gives person based on various cases.

A lot of interesting cases of the existence of the person who did not understand the sense ,and the perfect-pitch person, the woman who faints when she heard folk song of Naples, the man who came to be able to play piano that has not been played after experience of near death…….were introduced.

Mysterious power of the human brain and music is written.

Next.

This is another 9.11 story.

â€The man who made 9.11 targets

Life of architect Minoru Yamasakiâ€

written by Makiko Iizuka, Kodansha and publication.

The architect who designed World Trade Center Bldg that collapsed due to 9.11 events was a Japanese immigrant Mminoru Yamasaki who was born in the slums in Seattle.

He was poor though he graduated from the architectonics department of University of Washington and New York University, and he became an architect. After the success in the St. Louis airport, he took an active part also in American various places, Saudi Arabia, India, and Japan. It is a critical biography that deliberately chases work and private of Yamasaki entrusted with the project of "WTC" called the maximum construction since the pyramid.

The north building was even if a large-scale airplane that was fully loaded of the fuel crashed and 102 minutes there was interesting information like a constructional reason why the south building was saved from the collapse for as much as 56 minutes etc. , too.

As for the pillar where the outside wall was was designed by the motif of Japanese traditional “Koushi†(it is the lattice, traditional design of Japan used for the door and the window). Thinner one is the more delicate and more elegant(It is said in Japan).

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey tried to change to the pillar of the dummy at intervals of one for the cost reduction. Yamasaki obstructed it with determined. The building might have collapsed immediately if it did as PANYNJ said.

And He evaluated high by the bin Ladin family, and he was constructing a lot of buildings and airports in Saudi Arabia.

There was interesting information, too.

Thank you for sharing, Aventurine !

I've always been fascinated by effect of music on the human brain.

I attended a lecture series at the Library of Congress last year where many experts in Ethnomusicology spoke about this. It was extremely interesting !

I'd love to read the book you mentioned. grin