Isn't It Romantic?

elle4ec

I just found this new video on YouTube, and it reminded me of my little romantic story of the same name I wrote around Valentine's Day 2 years ago.

It was deleted after a banned board member took the thread in an "x-rated" :angry: direction.

I don't know if any of you remember the story. It was about my idea of an unforgettable romantic evening at home, and included a blindfold, some sexy lingerie, and me preparing a meal for my love :heartpump:, of his favorite foods...The setting progressed from the dining room, to the front of a lit fireplace, complete with comfy cushions, strawberries, and melted chocolate :) !

After I told my story, I asked, what was everyone else's idea of the ultimate romantic evening? I got some great replies (that weren't x-rated!) wink from you guys. I even remember, Eric's response, of how I was giving him, "A case of the Vapors" :blush: !

You know, Eric, with songs like this one :wub:, playing in the background, and that special someone by my side, I think I could get a case of "the vapors" :heartpump::heartpump: every night!!...

Any more ideas for romance and "mood setting" music from you guys? ;)

elle..As some of you know...I'm extricating myself from a marriage...and right now I'm enjoying more time.."All By Myself"...as Lorie and I..in...a most civil way..prepare for a 2011 separation.

But for the first time in years as I begin to hesitatingly consider a future relationship...this song would be what I would like playin' in the background when I'm "Startin' Over".

When you posted the video, I was just talking with my friends.

About the ROMANTIC relations between married couples.

One of my friend is going to buy a new house.

Her worry was "Both bedrooms with her husband".

She said that she would think it to be unpleasant.

Still, she tries to buy a new house with her husband.

Why do you think?

Another friend said the reason.

They say that

"The married couple becomes a joint manager to manage the family, not gradually a man and the woman in Japan".

This is not very rare case in Japan.

Moreover, such a question came out at the party with middle aged woman the other day.

"Please raise your hand if you kissed your husband every day. "

It was only two people that raised the hand. There are 20 participants.

Romantic????

Woops!!! We have looking only in Eric's song. :blush::lol:

However, if he marries sweet Ell, the Japanese men will surely become romantic and sweet,Certainly!!!! :heartpump::wub:

Is it "x-rated" ???

All the beautiful classical guitar work on those tunes was done by my great friend Bruce Gaitsch from Chicago. Bruce lives in Nashville now, and is one of the tastiest, most brilliant guitarists I've ever worked with. He played on most of Richard Marx's great records, as well as co-writing "La Isla Bonita" with Madonna.

He's a genius, and we had such fun recording these songs. It was an inspiration to work with him. It's amazing what can happen when you're in the studio with someone who TOTALLY gets it, and understands where you're coming from. He inspired me to think up guitar parts I never would have dreamed of with any other guitarist. I remember we had a great conversation about Claus Ogerman, the arranger of "It's My Party", and one the the heaviest orchestral Jazz arrangers alive, today.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Claus to anyone but Bruce, before. It was a complete meeting of the minds, and musical instincts. I don't believe I would have ever gotten those fabulous guitar lines with anyone else.

Thanks, Bruce!

You're the bomb!

xo

e

• Like 1

It is this song that I love in the album "Winter Dreams".

Uniting of indescribably attractive sound of guitar and Eric's voice.

I read a lot of articles and blogs in Japan. I am convinced that it is this song that evaluated highest among critics, and it was loved by so many fans in Japan.

They say that "This is song showed Eric's quite new stage".

I also thought exactly. :wub:

It was a person to have played the guitar in your song who had participated in that Madonna's famous piece. Very it is a brilliant fact!

We wish to express our gratitude to Eric. 

P.S.

Eric

HMV Shibuya that you had visited by the promotion of "Winter Dreams" closed the store in August. The reason is a decrease in sales of CD.

One place of your memories was lost again in Japan.

Eric Carmen said:

All the beautiful classical guitar work on those tunes was done by my great friend Bruce Gaitsch from Chicago. Bruce lives in Nashville now, and is one of the tastiest, most brilliant guitarists I've ever worked with. He played on most of Richard Marx's great records, as well as co-writing "La Isla Bonita" with Madonna.

He's a genius, and we had such fun recording these songs. It was an inspiration to work with him. It's amazing what can happen when you're in the studio with someone who TOTALLY gets it, and understands where you're coming from. He inspired me to think up guitar parts I never would have dreamed of with any other guitarist. I remember we had a great conversation about Claus Ogerman, the arranger of "It's My Party", and one the the heaviest orchestral Jazz arrangers alive, today.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Claus to anyone but Bruce, before. It was a complete meeting of the minds, and musical instincts. I don't believe I would have ever gotten those fabulous guitar lines with anyone else.

Thanks, Bruce!

Your'e the bomb!

Thanks so much Eric for sharing this!!

Eric Carmen said:

Thanks, Bruce!

Your'e the bomb!

I LOVE hearing your recollections of specific recordings like this one, Eric! It's obvious working with Bruce produced a new, wonderfully, unique sound in your music. Listening to "Isn't It Romantic", serves as proof positive of your amazingly versatile musical talent, Eric! It warms my heart, when I hear you speak of your enjoyment in producing music such as this. Thanks so much!

andiemay said:

Thanks so much Eric for sharing this

Hhhhhmmmm...I can't even comment...hmmmmm...hhhmmmm

Signed,

"Secretary"

How about these for starters, andiemay?

Dear "Dr." ;) Carmen,

I think YOU'RE the bomb! If I can ever be of assistance, let me know.

Love, Nurse Elle

Or

Dear "Professor" :cool: Carmen,

I Love your style of teaching, and I'd like to learn more. Could we set up some private tutoring sessions?

Signed, "Schoolgirl" Elle

Oops...Just my imagination running wild again :) ... :blush:

elle4ec said:

Dear "Professor" :cool: Carmen,

I Love your style of teaching, and I'd like to learn more. Could we set up some private tutoring sessions?

Signed, "Schoolgirl" Elle

Oops...Just my imagination running wild again :) ... :blush:

My favorite!!! :spin:

You're awesome Elle! :lol:

In all seriousness, I bet Prof Carmen could contribute a lot to music students since he has such a wealth of knowledge and experience in so many areas in the field of music.

It would be a real treat to simply audit a class that he teaches.

Less seriously, maybe he could wear that vest (without the shirt and jacket of course) during class but then some of us wouldn't be able to focus on anything that he says. UmmUmmmm.

BTW did any of you gals notice that when Eric lifts up his guitar above his head you can see his cute tummy peeking out from under his vest?

I need a drink of cold H2O.

Belle

Isn't it romantic is my least favourite song on Winter Dreams.My favourite is Cartoon World. I also love the song Forever Tonight but I prefare Peter Cetera's version and I think the only reason for that is, he was the first person I heard singing it. I remember reading the sleeve notes and being excited reading that it was Eric who wrote it, the same way as I reacted when I heard Frankie Valli singing "I Need You" and reading Eric wrote that also.

I guess different people have different reactions. Isn't it Romantic, along with Cartoon World and Top Down Summer are three of my all time favorite EC tunes. IIR was EC's first, I think, venture into the Samba realm and by gracious, did he produce a beatiful song and recording. FS similarly got out of his comfort zone with Latin collaborations in the late 60's and the results were legendary. I would love to hear EC come up with another cross-over effort like that. E's gift of melody would make any genre sound disarmingly wonderful.