Fantasy Football Time?

Paulie Mississippi

Paulie, the worst --- and best --- thing about drafting middle-of-the-pack is that you can't take long breaks. Like, I'm often doing work during online drafts (seriously). So a #1 or 2, or a #11 or 12 swing pick gives you a big hunk of time between picks. On the other hand, having a middle pick gives you the shortest wait between selections --- and that can be a great thing, strategically.

Good luck tonight!

Rick,

I love your avatar. That old Browns logo is classic. Reminds me of Leroy Kelly, Frank Ryan, Bill Nelson, Gene Hickerson... and back a little further, the great Jim Brown.I think I've posted this before, but... it's always fun to watch the man run:

The Gino Marchetti quote at 1:50 says it all. And Deacon Jones' quote a little later is short and hilarious....

And while I'm at it, I couldn't resist watching maybe my favorite football moment ever: Brett Favre's last-second bomb to beat the 49ers last season. Wow! This is a goosebumps play. How can you not love Favre? smile Greg Lewis's catch was otherworldly, too, so kudos. But how many QBs would have put the ball right there, with that kind of pressure? One 49ers lineman had his hand just inches away from the ball as Favre cocked his arm. Unreal....

Paulie, the worst --- and best --- thing about drafting middle-of-the-pack is that you can't take long breaks. Like, I'm often doing work during online drafts (seriously). So a #1 or 2, or a #11 or 12 swing pick gives you a big hunk of time between picks. On the other hand, having a middle pick gives you the shortest wait between selections --- and that can be a great thing, strategically.

Good luck tonight!

The downside to picking early or late... sometimes you get so distracted during those breaks, you don't get back in time... or almost don't... Happened to me once... you gotta make yourself watch that clock, and even then... if several guys go quick, you can get caught... laugh

Pat,

Oddly enough, I forgot about the draft -- really! -- until 8:30. I was out taking care of some photos at a photo lab when I remembered. I went home and logged in just in time for my 3rd pick. Thankfully, Favre was still there.

I like your team. Yahoo did a nice job. QB is a bit weak (Kolb, JJohnson) but you can upgrade right off the FA list. I love your RBs (Adrian and Ryan Grant -- that's my dream backfield... let's talk!) plus Beanie Wells and your Bear boy Chester Taylor. And you have a top TE (Gonzalez) and an up-and-comer (Keller). And your WRs are fine: Marshall, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Devin Hester. And you have the #1 ranked D, and the high-scoring Saints' kicker. Good job, Yahoo! (the site, not you :-)

Yahoo gave me Andre Johnson in the 1st round (I would have taken an RB) and Randy Moss in the 2nd (I would have taken a QB). But... maybe it'll work out. I never have top WRs, so this will be a good experiment. And I just read that Randy Moss feels unloved and unwanted, which can mean only one thing: career year. Tom Brady will set out to make him feel wanted right away....

Anyway, I think I ultimately like your team better than mine!

PS: Thanks for the kind words on the baseball thread. Much appreciated.

PPS: And now, here's a little Bare, er, Bear entertainment for you: Gale Sayers. ("His peripheral vision was so good he could see his own ears.")