"On Broadway"

ira

Eric...Do you like Broadway Show Tunes?

What about all you EC.com Rockers out there?

Even in my Broadway tastes...Tony would say I'm livin' in a time warp.

But dig these lyrics in "On The Street Where You Live" from "My Fair Lady" by Lerner and Loewe..truly poetic IMHO!

TRIVIA ALERT!..Actually singing for Audrey Hepburn in the movie is Marni Nixon...mom of "Oh What A Lonely Boy" &"Thank You For Bein' A Friend"'s Andrew Gold.

https://youtu.be/0udu4KYv1zI

Hey Ira....maybe it's just the musical theatre whore in me...but I feel ec's music translates to the theatre PERFECTLY.

There are songs like "Desperate Fools", "The Way We Used To Be", "Foolin' Myself"..etc....that are perfect "act-enders". Of course "ABM" is THE show-stopper extraordinaire!

Ira, I can't speak for Eric, but from what he has written, I would bet Broadway, the theatre, and all of those great musicals from the past, had a lot of influence on him and his music. I know he loves Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Leonard Bernstein. How many times is it you have seen "West Side Story", Eric?

And John, it's not just the "musical theatre whore" in you...I think Eric could build a whole freakin' Broadway production with his music, start to finish, with his library of sophisticated, poetic melodies and incredibly emotional ballads.

Oh Eric, we may have an idea for a new project for you!

...I'll volunteer to be your "personal assistant" :wub:, if you are in need of one...

WOW!...With all that positive feedback with you guys sayin' that I may have tapped into something...I gotta quote "My Fair Lady" again..(BTW...use the British pronunciation...A-Gayn ;) )...by proclaiming...

"By George...I Think I've Got It"!

Marni has the most famous voice around. She sang for so many stars. Thanks for posting this--it was quite a treat. And a double treat, since the guy playing Freddy Eynsford-Hill is my sweetheart, Jeremy Brett (young at the time), who played Sherlock Holmes so perfectly in the British series I loved so well!

I'm gonna not quite go on a tangent...but I'm gonna shake things up a little.

Here's a Show Tune that is this Brooklyn Jewish Boy's favorite Christmas Song on this July 21st. confused

In addition...I DON"T like Lucille Ball's version in the movie "Mame"...So here's Johnny Mathis...doin' the incredible tune from "Mame"...

So here's.."We Need a Little Christmas".

Shalom.

Ira, this is an incredibly special Christmas song. I like to hear it while decorating the Hanukkah bush!! Yes, I have friends who are Jewish and their children felt left out at Christmas. I invited them over to decorate the Hanukkah Bush and we all had a wonderful time!!

missm..."Farklempt" or "Verklempt" is a wonderful made-up Yiddish word from Mike Myers.

I wasn't teasin'..I just spelled it the way I heard it.

GOD..You've become a real "Yiddishe Maidel"..A Jewish Girl".

I've done a pretty good job IMHO! :)

Thank you, dearest Ira! :D You have done and are doing a a great job!! I suppose there is a lot of nachas for both of us. Of you you have to a breyte deye hob'n, which makes it easier for me to learn. You are a choshever mentsh!

I re-read my post and realized that I misspelled "chanukah". I suppose I will have to write it 1000 times!