News: The Beatles, Elvis, And Ozzy Osbourne

MikeC

Happy Birthdays' above and all year long.

The Beatles new museum and a John Lennon poetry competition. Quite a site. Although not officially endorsed by The Beatles-See vistor information and "Frequently asked questions". There is also a Beatles museum in Branson, Missouri:

http://BeatlesStory.com

A band hand-picked by Louise Harrison, the sister of George called Liverpool Legends- Hear their tribute songs and click on 'Press Room'. Entertainment Weekly speculated that Sir Paul McCartney visited Louise about the museum in Branson. It also has hand-written letters by George. Also, 'Legends' are performing at The VW Beatlemania at Branson, Missouri on June 24-27th, 2010. This hasn't been mentioned on their own website. Their tribute songs-"Hard Days Night, She Loves You, Can't Buy Me Love, Twist And Shout, Yesterday, This Boy(Ringo's Theme), The Tax Man, Got To Get You Into My Life, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band, With A Little Help From My Friends, Hey Jude, Here Comes The Sun":

http://LiverpoolLegends.com

The Elvis Presley Estate has endorsed a deal with Hasbro toys.

A version of Elvis as "Mr. Potato Head" will be out in August, then in December. Apparently dressed in jumpsuits. Story at 'Elvis and Mr.Potato Head'.

Ozzy Osbourne set a new World Record with the loudest and longest scream before a live audience at Dodger Stadium, promoting his new album called, "Scream". A review says a few songs are some of his best in 10 years.

Guest Fresh

I have been a huge Elvis Presley fan since age 4 (I kid you not). I am now 57 years old. I cannot believe that after all these years, there will be an Elvis Presley "Mr. Potato Head" doll. Please excuse me while I run to the bathroom to vomit. arrgh

I agree with you. It was a story I didn't want to post. I actually heard about it on the radio. Then I saw the story on the web. I couldn't picture him other than on video or DVD, singing or acting. And people have sold T-shirts and buttons before with other singer's photos. I think that's alright, with the artists permission.

Guest Fresh

This is the end result of Priscilla and Lisa Marie selling off the rights to Elvis' image and other assets to a commercial marketing outfit. They don't give a crap about disgracing his memory..all they are concerned with is turning a fast profit.

Deplorable. Equally deplorable is even mentioning O.O. in the same sentence with the other two, because his antics coupled with his meager "musical" accomplishments render him hugely unworthy of it!

Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan and also an Elvis fan. You may not agree with his life choices and occasional "antics", but you can't deny the impact he has had during his 40+ years in the industry. It's ok not to like hard rock/heavy metal, but it doesn't hurt to respect those who have inspired countless bands.

Tim

The Beatles and Elvis do deserve their own headlines. I even have the second edition of The Beatles Best Songbook, becauce I like to learn chord charts and to read music. They added "Free As A Bird". I wanted that song because of the interesting chord changes. It also helps, if your writing new songs to know more chords, but use less or more that are in a song.

One time I was at a guitar store, playing different acoustic/amplified guitars with a chord hook-up on the guitar, because I wanted to hear the bass and the tone. At the intro of the song, on page 444, one chord is played seven times before the next in 12/8 signature. [i made sure I practiced at home, because I figured someone might hear it there]. So I could really hear the chords alot. You learn to listen better by changing the chords, too. Then someone walked uo to me and said, "This Boy". "I love that song". "And I play it alot with my other songs". And one of the people hooked the guitar up to a speaker that had it's own in-built adjustments, directly on the speaker itself, and adjusted the tones as I played.

Sorry about Ozzy on the same headline. I didn't want to post three separate posts. I'm not a fan of heavy metal music.

But part of it was that he finished an album. I could have posted something like, 'And then there's Ozzy'. Can you imagine what people just walking into the stadium were thinking? The volume was cranked up in the infield, they said, so it was amplified.

Guest Fresh

In my honest opinion, I just don't get Ozzy. I never liked him from a musical perspective, and seeing him and his family on tv only sealed my opinion of him. He doesn't belong in the same sentence with EP and the Fab Four. arrgh

Guest Fresh

Mike, I wasn't saying you shouldn't have posted the comments. I was merely stating that O O is not in the same league with Elvis and The Beatles. I am sorry for any misunderstanding. My comment was directed toward O O, not you. Rob

That's alright, Rob. I'm a little distracted, because I'm watching the Basketball game on T.V. and the radio. I got both on.

What I should have said is that I learned to talk about 'News' the way I hear it on T.V. or radio. Two stories, three, etc. And moreso whenever I watch the celebrity early evening shows(Not refering to the late night shows, which I watch on the weekend). The stories are always together on the same show, that's what I should have said.

And, I should have been clearer about the new album review of O.O. There was one song that received rave reviews. All these people work really hard to put out a good product. I know, sometimes it's just one song that's good. He's not as fortunate in being an exceptional writer, per se.

I didn't see much of the reality show of O.O., but I've heard that some of that is staged. Someone will say(Maybe a producer),'I like the drama there. Now get ready for the camera to roll[record] and keep it going.' Alright, action'.

Honestly, my favorite humor in the world is the English or Englanders, because they make fun of everyone, no matter their race, religion, or beliefs. To me it's "stupid silliness".Nothing cerebral, just fun really, in his own way. He's a character. And actually, some people like that. I guess it sells. But these days, any artist benifits just being on T.V. You really don't have to be great. But once you're on a show, being interviewed, that's instant recognition. For what, we don't always know, but you're recognized. O.O. is not a really smart person, but he has alot of help with his product. And he needs it.

I have friends who entertain. And one of them told me several times:"You have to 'hype up what you do'. For him, that was the way he does it. But he is exceptionally good at what he does. One day I called him. I said, "I heard you'll be interviewed on the radio this Thursday". He said, yes, and Stevie Wonder said he'd call the show". Well he did. Stevie was asked, "What do you think of him now that he's accomplished what he has?" Stevie said, "After all of his success he's never changed. He's the same person I knew when he started out".

John Lennon's hand-written song "A Day In The Life" just sold for 1.2 million dollars, some days ago. It has scratched out words, etc. Several people were bidding at Sotheby's(I might have mispelled that).

Time to re-edit had expired on my post above. At the end of the second paragraph, I should have said, 'He has alot of help with his product, and that helps alot for any artist. Fans like to compare an artists' new and last albums'.