New Raspberries Tribute Album

Kirk

On Clifford Records from Spain. Eight songs, I would guess done mostly by Spanish artists (the songs are in English). Interesting song selection. Limited to 500 units, it's a 10 inch white vinyl disc.

I bought one off of ebay. It might only appeal to completists or Raspberrie junkies, but either way, I'm in :)

Kirk,

I tried to buy one when I saw your post but they had already sold the copy.

Any chance of a MP3 of Go All The Way? Would love to hear that version. Suzie & Los Quattro version of Play On is really good.

Tom (Orgone1@buckeye-express.com)

The record finally arrived today. Love the white vinyl. Super liner notes (from somebody who knows and follows the group- couldn't find the credit, however). Sound quality decent, reminded me of 'Raspberries Preserved'. Limited to 500 copies, it's not the worst 20 bucks I ever spent.

I so much less enjoy listening to other performers singing Raspberries' or Eric's songs than I do hearing Eric and Raspberries themselves. I miss their presence whenever I hear these other artists. I prefer Eric singing (whether it is other people's songs or his own). I adore the sound of his voice, and the emotion behind his words and stylings. However, I have mixed feelings (as I often do) since I do believe it was better that these artists record Raspberries since it will help keep their memory alive.

marathon mama said:

I so much less enjoy listening to other performers singing Raspberries' or Eric's songs than I do hearing Eric and Raspberries themselves. I miss their presence whenever I hear these other artists. I prefer Eric singing (whether it is other people's songs or his own). I adore the sound of his voice, and the emotion behind his words and stylings. However, I have mixed feelings (as I often do) since I do believe it was better that these artists record Raspberries since it will help keep their memory alive.

I'm with you on this. I like hearing Eric's music sung by other artists. If they didn't appreciate and feel inspired by the quality of his compositions they wouldn't have the desire; however no one that I've heard can sing them the way Eric does. He creates absolute majic. Love it love it love it when he sings.

Diane

Diane, the last album of Raspberries music on vinyl was 35 years ago. The chances of another one are slim and none, and slim has left the building. Even though it wasn't the Raspberries performing their songs, I had to have it. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, this record might only be of interest to completeists or rabid fans, both of which qualify me :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

My name is Laureano Navarra, the head of Clifford Records, a small independent Spanish record label. We are the same that we have released vinyl Raspberries tribute

Thank you very much everyone for keeping alive the name of Raspberries.

For Spanish as I was important to coordinate this tribute to Raspberries with indie bands, some of them on Clifford Records, but all of them great fans and with respect for Eric and the boys.

The LP is having some success in some parts of Europe and Japan: there are only 500 copies...on white vinyl!!!

If you want more information on the LP did not hesitate to contact me via: info@cliffordrecords.com

Greetings from Almerí­a, Spain

Laureano

ps.sorry, my english is poorly!

• 2 weeks later...

i love it, but any version done anywhere by anyone is, let's face it, downhill from the 'berries; still, glad to see 'em pluggin' away at it & keeping the fire burning by wearing their influences proudly on their sleeves!

love dude's pronunciation of 'tonight' in the video..

way to go clifford records!