All T-Ira-d Out

TOMMY TUNES

Tommy...I learned from Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason...Fame is fleeting...Ya gotta strike while the iron is hot...and worry about overexposure later.

BTW...I'll be on the Today Show tomorrow askin' Tiki how he could cheat on his 8 month pregnant wife.

I tried to say no...But Al Roker begged me! grin

Not only has ec.com become ira.com lately but on top of that I am in the car listening to my favorite sports call in show, The Mike Francessa Show, on WFAN and who calls in? Yep, you guessed it - Ira. There's no escaping Ira's reach these days. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Waitaminnit -- you're not talking about Jets-obsessed caller "Ira from Staten Island," are you? That's not "our Ira" is it? I think it can't be, Ira from Staten Island wouldn't have time to listen to a Raspberries record amidst 24/7 Jets activities.

[quote name='PaulMaul Not only has ec.com become ira.com lately but on top of that I am in the car listening to my favorite sports call in show' date=' The Mike Francessa Show, on WFAN and who calls in? Yep, you guessed it - Ira. There's no escaping Ira's reach these days. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Waitaminnit -- you're not talking about Jets-obsessed caller "Ira from Staten Island," are you? That's not "our Ira" is it? I think it can't be, Ira from Staten Island wouldn't have time to listen to a Raspberries record amidst 24/7 Jets activities. [/quote']

No. Our Ira goes by the moniker "Ira from Edison"

Yeah Tommy...Richard Neer is fun...'Cause many callers...me included schmooze a little "Rock" with him...In my calls..I've mentioned Alex Chilton Dennis Elsas AND the Raspberries...and the depressing performance by Alan Clarke and our Hollies at the HOF induction.

Neer IS the most cerebral of all the hosts and I'm often on on Saturdays.

PaulMaul...I AM Ira from Edison..Ira from Staten Island is SOOO! knowledgeable about the Jets...They treat his calls with the authority reserved for Peter Kng...Peter Gammons...Steve Phillips...John Heyman...and the other paid experts who call in.

Ira from S.I. is brilliant.

I'm not a "Stat" guy...My questions tend to be conceptual...I like the metaphor..the challenges...and the human stories in sports.Ira from S.I REALLY knows the nitty gritty of the gridiron.