Our Pets

Shelley

I had my Prissy(14 year old Kitty) put to sleep this Morning, she had kidney trouble, and the last 2 days she was peeing blood..It was so hard, but I didn't want her to suffer..I'll miss her, as will Tubby, Wiggles and Jordan(my other 2 cats, and my Son's black lab)...RIP Prissy...You were loved

I am so sorry for your loss, Shelley. This is the tragic part of sharing your life with an animal. They do tend to go before we do (except for parrots). The up side is that, while the parting is so very painful, we spend many happy years with them, and they give us a life time of memories and smiles that last long after they are gone. They really are the gift that just keeps giving. I still think back to my very first cat, and the many others plus dogs and birds that followed. All are special and helped make my life whole during their time. I hope I was able to do the same for them. I am sure Prissy thanks you for being a caring and compassionate companion and doing what was best for her. I know I do. Take care and remember her well.

Reid

Shelley, I am so sorry to hear of Prissy's passing. You showed the depth of your love for her by ending her suffering by having her put to sleep. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to witness the end, but loyalty is a strange thing. The very loyalty that compelled you to stay until the end, is the thing that will at some point ease your pain. crying

Please cuddle Tubby, Wiggles and Jordan for me and give yourself time to grieve for Prissy!! pray

Shelley, I'm so sorry for the loss of your loved kitty, Prissy. When you have a pet for that length of time, they truly become enmeshed in your life, and in the history of your family forever.

We have one cat, Tuxedo. This spring he will be 13 years - old.

He is truly a wonderful cat, and has been amazingly healthy, so far. As much as I wish it could be true...I know he can't live forever. So, I'm trying to appreciate him more these days.

Here's the handsome man of my house, and a most loyal love in my life...Tuxedo

So sorry to hear that Shelly. We had to put our "Baby Jake" to sleep last April 27th and it still hurts like it was yesterday. We'll never stop missing him. We have three other kitties that we love very much but Jake was our first and he was like a child to us. That video got me crying all over again... cry

Thank You All for your Kindness, I have alot of good memories, and I'm thankful I have my other pets to ease the pain..She was a Gem, I always called her the daughter I never Had smile

Brian, I have seen that video before, and like Steve said..It made me cry, its beautiful..Thank you, I hope and pray I'll be seeing her again someday, over that Rainbow bridge.

We lost our Boxer Timmy a few weeks ago. He was just 2 years old. He slipped out the door and went straight to the highway. It has been such a shock to our family. Timmy was such a part of us. I had a cat Midnight for 17 years when I was younger and having to make the choice to put him to sleep was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

so sorry for your loss..its been 4 years since i had my beloved male cat misty put down,and i swear once in awhile i feel him jump up on my bed in the morning to wake me like he always did..i cant wait to see him and our other pets i grew up with when i pass on..just remember you gave her a great home and love..so many animals dont get that..god bless and lots of love(my lol)..chris