EC Audio/Video Archive

Raspbernie

Okay folks, this is BIG!

In the coming months, I will be digitizing and uploading every single bit of audio and video I have: live performances, demos, alternate takes, television and radio show appearances. Everything. And I'm not talking about crappy sounding mp3s and low-res Quicktime videos. I'm talking about taking advantage of the latest technology. The absolute highest-quality audio and video archived here at EricCarmen.com for your listening/viewing pleasure. The tradeoff to getting to watch and view all of these goodies is that they will only be available here at EricCarmen.com—none of the material will be downloadable to your personal computers. But what better place to see and hear it than here anyway, right?

To kick off the Archive I've started with a trio of beautiful demos written by Eric and Andy Goldmark:

ERIC CARMEN AUDIO/VIDEO ARCHIVE

Check 'em out and get ready. I think you're gonna be back for more.

Bernie

Bernie, I love you...I really do!!

This is even better than Christmas! I told you I couldn't wait to see what you had in store for us this year...and this is AWESOME, Baby! And this is only the first installment...can't wait for more!

Talk about "setting the mood"! I can just imagine all three of these spectacular ballads playing in the background as a prelude to one amazingly romantic, heartpump:liplick: sexy evening!

The quality of the audio on all three songs is top-notch. Thank you for sharing these wonderful archives with us.

...Oh, and did I mention I love you? LuvLove ...

I always liked "I Was Born To Love You", but didn't think it was great great. But listening to that demo made something click in me.... I think I "got" the song for the first time. Kinda cool.

I went back and listened to the fully produced version, and yeah, it's pretty great!.

For my taste, Eric Carmen is the best writer of music of them all.

In a way, without this website, his art would be sort-of lost to history. Not totally lost, but lost to a degree more than his music ought to be.

So thanks Bernie for this new stuff, and all you've done here!..

Lovers of great music (Eric Carmen music) owe you a a lot..

James

I always liked "I Was Born To Love You", but didn't think it was great great. But listening to that demo made something click in me.... I think I "got" the song for the first time. Kinda cool.

I really prefer the demo to the finished song. Something about just hearing Eric's voice and a piano, you know?

For my taste, Eric Carmen is the best writer of music of them all.

In a way, without this website, his art would be sort-of lost to history. Not totally lost, but lost to a degree more than his music ought to be.

So thanks Bernie for this new stuff, and all you've done here!..

Lovers of great music (Eric Carmen music) owe you a a lot..

James

I agree 100%, James.

There are people here that would disagree (which is their right) but I wouldn't trade EC's library for anybodys...and that includes Lennon, McCartney and John. But that's just my opinion (and evidently James' too).

Thanks, Bernie...another great feature of ec.com. I can't wait to have access to your entire collection. You really ought to charge us for this.

Oh my...."After You" has "HIT" written all over it!!! What great lyrics......what great music!!! Why was this song not released?????

"Oh my", is right Brian! I TOTALLY agree, I LOVE the lyrics on "After You".

...And Bernie heartpump , Have I told you lately I love you too?...

Thanks for two more fantastic songs...I have a feeling the EC Audio/Video Archive LuvLove and I are going to become very close friends!

Wow...I thought today was just another Sunday...little did I know it was going to be a special day. I had never heard either of these great songs so it's new music for me...from EC's prime no less!!! I like both of them...especially After You. I agree with the others...I don't know why these songs weren't on an album.

THANK YOU BERNIE!!!

(I still think you're messing up...put this stuff on CD's and we'd buy them...raise money for the site)

Just added two demos written by Eric and longtime collaborator Dean Pitchford. Both appeared on WINTER DREAMS: "I Could Really Love You" and "Top Down Summer." "Top Down Summer" is particularly noteworthy when you think about all of the vocal harmonies being layered one on top of the other by Eric, who did every part on this glorious demo—'cept for those two lines sung by a woman in the bridge, of course. Take a listen!