EC.com Fantasy Baseball League 2010

TOMMY TUNES

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have five offensive categories and five pitching categories that, as John said, we total every week based off the players you drafted before the season started. You can drop players and pick up others, you can trade players, just like real baseball. The ten categories make up your wins and losses for the week and we take turns going head to head against the other teams each week.

We have been playing here for five years and have two different leagues, one for money (RBL, pretty intense) and one for free (ECL basically for fun). Four of our board members (myself, John, Paulie, and Lew) play in both leagues. We desperately need players for the fun league next year, as we had a drop from fourteen players to only eight this year and it's almost like a superstar league with so many extra players available. It makes it more interesting when there are more players, as it's tougher to find those "hidden nuggets".

We would love to see more ladies join, as our dear friend, the lovely Marlene, is our only female this year. LC runs the money league and I am in charge of the free league. We might have to make John in charge of the initiations for new players! Just kidding on that, come and join us!

That would be awesome to have you join, missm. We will make sure to let you know all the rules when next season rolls around. We do football, too, for anyone else who is interested, though I enjoy the daily grind of baseball a thousand times more for fantasy, than the weekly challenge of football.

Baseball and Football are both fun... might be fun to try NASCAR one year... laugh

I have no idea what NASCAR is an acronym for but if I had given this ...let's call it sport here but we really know it isn't one, my acronym for it would certainly have the letters WT in there somewhere.

While we have a new leader in the ECL, one has to wonder if anyone can catch the scorching BeatleJay in the RBL, as has opened up an eight game lead after only four weeks of play!

Beatle Jay had a 10-0 week against Lew that included a blistering 21 home runs (does my team have 21 total yet?) and looks to be running away with the division. Rick's Cyrus Erie team had a great week at 9-1, jumping five places in the standings and LC's Go All The Way's had a red hot 8-2 week. LC must know what it's like to be married to my ex-wife, as you never know what to expect from week to week! In the two weeks he has won, he is 16-3. In the two weeks he has lost he is 3-14! Paulie's pitchers put up ten wins in week! Dang!

Just when you think it's safe to take a breath, though, here comes the "Quiet Assassin", Mith, as he had a 7-3 showing and has now pulled into a thrid place tie. Uh-oh!

Harry and myself had a crazy week that ended up in a 5-5 tie. At one point, I was up, 6-2, then in an apparent tribute to the NHL playoffs, my team's bats turned to ice and he was up 6-2, yet we ended tied. Talk about nuts! How could I throw a pitching staff of Greinke (2 x), Beckett (2 x), Lincecum, Duscherer, Lilly, and DeLarosa at him and come up with zero wins? Every one of my closers blew at least one save, some two, yet I had an incredible streak of fortune by picking up five pitchers off waivers and four of them won games! The only one that didn't win, pitched eight shutout innings! Only I could have had three starters total 23 innings and give up three runs, with a WHIP of 0.45 and get no wins on Sunday.

So, Jay is the top dog at 30-9-1, I'm in second at 21-16-3, then comes LC at 19-17-4, and Mitch at 20-18-2.

I will choose the matchup of the week as Jay versus the smoking Cyrus Erie West's.

The ECL has total parity, as only eight and a half games seperate the top seven teams.

My team, The Take It Or Leave It's, has taken over first, but Frank, Paulie, and Joe are all hot on my tail.

I had the best record of the week at 6-2-2, but Lew was right there in every category and it easily could have gone the other way. Everyone else won at least four games! Now, that's close!

Paulie put up an incredible 32 K's and had four wins on Sunday alone, as he handed Frank his first series loss. Paulie is still the only undefeated team in sereies, with three wins and a tie.

Joe and Tom had a tug of war that ended up 5-5. Every time I looked, Vox was up by alot, then Joe was up by alot, then Vox, etc, so no surprise it ended up tied.

Congrats to Marlene on picking up her first series win , as she topped John, 6-4.

So, I'm at 25-12-3 in first, then Frank at 23-15-2, followed by both Paulie and Joe at 23-17. Close, eh?

I will take the undefeated Paulie against Vox as the matchup of the week, as Vox is close to blasting loose. he is "thisclose" every week, so it seems like it's his turn to shine!

Let me try to help you with your NASCAR education TOMMY... Reigning 4 time series champion (as in FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS IN A ROW) Jimmy Johnson, another 4 time series champion, Jeff Gordon, the late Indimidator's son, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and elder-statesman Mark Martin make up the "team" that is "Hendrick Motor Sports"... some consider them "the Yankees" of NASCAR... just to help you choose up sides you know... laugh

The Vox / yankeejoe tug-of-war / taffy pull was beautiful to behold.

The Scene: ESPN Sunday Night Baseball Starring Joe Morgan! Joined by a couple of supporting shlemazls.

What can I say about finally passing the little feller to 6-4 on a two-run homer by the great Rod Barajas -- of the Mets! Then sinking to the tie on batting average -- and the inability of Reyes, Utley, or Wright to steal a base.

Once Santana got blowed up I went to sleep. No SBs in that mess.

Good game. joe.

VOX!

The Vox / yankeejoe tug-of-war / taffy pull was beautiful to behold.

The Scene: ESPN Sunday Night Baseball Starring Joe Morgan! Joined by a couple of supporting shlemazls.

What can I say about finally passing the little feller to 6-4 on a two-run homer by the great Rod Barajas -- of the Mets! Then sinking to the tie on batting average -- and the inability of Reyes, Utley, or Wright to steal a base.

Once Santana got blowed up I went to sleep. No SBs in that mess.

Good game. joe.

VOX!

I'll pass your message on to my son, Keith. He doesn't come around these parts.

Five weeks completed in the RBL and Jay, despite losing his first series of the season 6-4 to Rick, is still making a mockery of it, with a nine game lead.

The rest of the league couldn't have more parity, as only 3.5 games seperate second place from tenth place.

Harry's Rasphillies hammered 17 homeruns and stole nine bases to squeek by LC's team, 5-4, led by a four homer week from Jason Werth. John's Booyah Ballers edged out Tommy's club by the same score.

Paulie hit 13 homers and had nine pitching wins, as he topped Mitch, 7-3. Rick's team had a great series win over the previously unbeaten Beatle Jay's club, 6-4. Rick's Cyrus Erie West clubbed 14 homeruns.

Lew's Bundles Against The Currents sent my team downstream, 8-2, and beat me every which way, as he blistered 64 RBI (I had 32) scored 57 runs, stole 11 bases, and was hitting .363 going into Saturday night before finally cooling off You can't imagine how frustrating it is to me to see ANOTHER sub .200 week for both Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez, as if not for my two favorite team's guys, my team would be good! Of course, Josh Beckett sucked again for me!

So, Jay is now 34-15-1, followed by Rick (24-23-3) and LC (23-22-5) both nine games behind, then Harry at 24-24-2, 9.5 out.

The league's two hottest teams, Rick and Lew, line up for would should be the matchup of the week. Hey, did I mention how Josh Beckett sucked again for me?

In the ECL, Marlene had the best week, winning her second in a row, 7-2 over Yankee Joe, despite his team whacking 16 homers. Marlene's Desperate Fools stole 12 bases.

My team stayed in the top spot with a 6-3 win over John, but he was right there in everything. My predicted Matchup of the Week between Paulie and Tom was everything we asked for, a 5-5 tie, in which eight categories could have gone either way. Paulie edged Tom in ERA by 0.01! Paulie's team stays undefeated at 3-0-2.

Lew picked up his first series win, by topping Frank, 6-4.

So, my Take It Or Leave It's are in first with a record of 31-15-4, Paulie comes in next at 28-22, tied with Frank (27-21-2) both five games behind and Yankee Joe is fourth at 25-24-1, 7.5 out.

Matchup of The Week has to be Frank and I. We'll let you know how it all comes out!

Oh, and BTW, even though I don't have him in the ECL, did I mention how much Josh Beckett sucks for me in the RBL? Just askin....

Week six is now history in the RBL and even though Rick had a great 8-2 week, his second place Cyrus Erie West's could only pick up a half game on frontrunner Beatlejay, who seems to have a stranglehold on the top spot.

John matched Rick for the best record of the week with an 8-2 beating of Paulie. His team was lead by four saves from Leo Nunez and a shocking line of 1-0, 12 K, 0.00 ERA, 0.72 WHIP from Joel Piniero. Jay topped Tommy, 7-2, with his typical blistering hitting, though Tunes pitching tried valiently (1.72 ERA, 1.06 WHIP).

Mitch topped Harry, 6-4, despite Harry's Jose Bautista's eight runs, four homers, and eight RBI week.

LC and I have had several neck and neck offenses all year, so it was no surprise that we ended up tied, 5-5, and virtually every category was decided by the difference of one or two. I'm still gritting my teeth at tying in WHIP and losing ERA so closely, while my first starter of the week, Brendon Morrow put up a line of an ERA of 32.00 and a WHIP of 4.00. Thanks, Brendon, you must have been taking pitching tips from Josh Beckett!

So, Jay is still the top dog with a record of 41-17-2, followed by Rick (32-25-3) 8.5 games behind, then LC (28-27-5 11.5 games out) and tied for fourth are Mitch and John (29-29-2 12 GB). Only four games seperate third through eighth place, which begs Paulie's question, "are we all that good or that BAD?"

I'll pick my team against Mitch (six versus four) as the matchup of the week. We always seem to have wars when we play, including him topping me for the championship two years ago by one RBI!

The ECL saw Frank topping me 5-3, led by two starters with 0.00 ERA's. John had a great week here, too, whipping Joe, 7-3, led by Tommy Hansen's 18 K's! Paulie doubled up on Marlene, 6-3, despite Marlene having three pitchers with 12 K's, they tied in strikeouts. Lew edged Tom's Vox team, 6-4, led by his usual great offense and he had four pitchers with over ten K's each.

My team pulled off two trades, one with Joe (Hunter Pence to him for Chone Figgins, two guys slumping that should be doing great) and one with Marlene (the scorching Brad Hawpe, .373, for the hot hitting Alfonso Soriano).

So, my Take It Or Leave It's top the ECL with a record of 34-20-6. While I couldn't swat a fly against Frank, Paulie came up and tied me in wins at 34-25-1, so he's 2.5 behind. Frank pulled with three games at 32-24-4 and now John is yelling booyah at all of us in the four spot at 29-26-5.

Matchup of the week has gotta be the two guys that had the best two records last week and are two versus four with Paulie against John!

Seven weeks are done in the RBL and Jay is still the leader of the pack. Paulie gave it everything he had and tied Jay, 5-5, led by 22 HR's. Paulie won all five hitting categories and Jay won all the pitching. Oddly enough, the same thing happened with LC and Lew, with Larry taking the pitching and Lew, led by 66 runs, the hitting.

Rick held onto second place by edging Tommy, 6-4. Rick's team had an incredible 70 RBI's and 10 saves, as he won his fourth series in a row.

Then, there was John and I.....so, onto next week! Just kidding, buddy!

I held a 5-4 lead going into Sunday against Mitch. It was bad enough he had beaten me to Clayton Richard on Saturday morning's FA wire and Richard's great game had given Mitch the pitching lead in three categories, but Sunday? I never had a chance. His team hit five homers all week, then hit seven on Sunday alone. You know you are in trouble when Albert Pujols steals two bases and gives him the SB week by one! He just blitzkrieged me, 9-1. The worst loss I have had in five years of playing. My hat is off to you, Mitch.

Harry smoked John, 9-0, led by sixteen home runs and nine wins.

John and I pulled off a trade, as I swapped him Austin Jackson for Ryan Theriot. We both got clobbered, so we traded two backups. Yeah, THAT was our problem!

So, Jay is in the lead with 46-22-2, followed by Rick (38-29-3, 7.5 out) then Mitch (38-30-2, 8 GB) and the surging Harry 37-30-3 (8.5)

Matchup of the week? John and I? Nah, has to be the streaking Harry against the top dog, Jay!

Paulie was just on fire topping John, 9-1, led by 75 runs, 22 HR, and a .352 team batting average. John likes to joke about it when his team doesn't play well, but they really had great totals and had he been playing just about anyone else, he would have won the week. Just bad timing.

Despite awful pitching from both Tim Lincecum and Zack Greinke, my TIOLI's beat Joe, 7-2, led by Kevin Youkilis four homers, 10 RBI .409 week.

Tom picked up his first series win with some great pitching , topping Frank, 7-3. The Vox men had nine wins and a whopping 11 saves! Nelson Cruz had 12 RBI for Tom.

Lew topped Marlene, 7-2, led by his usual offensive explosions.

So, my team is still in first at 41-22-7. Paulie has actually passed me in wins, though, and his 43-26-1 comes in second place, one game behind. Then comes frank, 35-31-4, 7.5 GB and out of nowhere lands the Vox boys (Tom) in fourth with a 32-34-4 record, 10.5 GB.

Matchup of the week is me and Tom, as first hits fourth, as we move into playing each other for the second time this season.

John had a great week, but my guys were just firing on all cyliders... and amazingly I was about 2 foot shy of a clean sweep... I think I lost RBI by 3 and I watched as Dan Uggla flied out to the wall with the bases juiced yesterday... that near grand slam would have made it 10-0... oh well, not to be greedy... laugh

In the EC league I tried my best to eke out some of the pitching categories, but it was not to be... definitely a hard fought "tie"... laugh

I gotta admit, I'm having a blast in both leagues this year... the competition if tough... and a lotta fun! laugh

Week eight saw the awakening of Tommy's team, as they pounded Lew, 7-2, led by Robinson Cano's nine RBI and six, count 'em, six, pitchers with ERA's of 0.00.

Mitch flew by LC, 6-4, with Albert Pujols hitting four homers, nine RBI, and a cool .364. Rumor has it, when Pujols hit his third home run of the day on Sunday against the Cubs, as he rounded the bases he was heard yelling "take that, LC, for not taking me first in the draft!"

John's Booyah Ballers were paced by Adam Wainwright's 20 K's and two other starters having 0.00 ERA's as they topped my Take It Or Leave It's, 5-4-1. My team was led by no one. I'm sending all of my team to the team eye doctor, as before the season, I wrote on the clubhouse bulletin board they were "second to none", but apparently, they read that to say "second to NINE", as that is what has happened so far!

Paulie had eight wins and belted 19 homeruns to squeeze by Rick, who had some great pitching of a team ERA of 1.90 and a WHIP of 1.08.

Harry had a sparkling 1.86 and WHIP of 0.98 to tie Jay at 5-5. Jay's pitchers were just filthy with 102 K's (that's not a misprint), five pitchers with over eleven K's, including Roy Halladay's perfect game.

So, Jay is still at the top with a record of 51-27-2, followed by Mitch at 44-34-2 7 GB, then Rick 42-34-4 8 GB, and Harry at 42-35-3 8.5 GB.

Rick and Harry go head to head this week.

The ECL saw the top two teams both stumble, but maintain their spots.

Tom destroyed my team, 7-3, led by Clay Buccholz's two wins and 0.69 ERA. Carlos Gonzalez had nine RBI's and hit .421 for him. My team was led by no one.

Joe had the best record of the week, topping Paulie, 8-2 with 60 RBI's (nine each from Pujols and Cano). Paulie did have three pitchers with over thirteen K's, though.

John's team had some great pitching, five with an ERA of 0.00, and he outdueled Lew, 6-4.

Despite Halladay's perfect game and a team ERA of 1.06 for Frank, his team tied Marlene, 5-5. Marlene was paced by Wainwright's 20 K's and a team WHIP of 0.96

So, Pat is still in first at 44-29-7, followed by Paulie (45-34-1 2 GB), then Frank (40-36-4 5.5 GB) and the now surging Tom, who liked winning so much two weeks ago he did it again this week, at 39-37-4 6.5 GB.

First plays second this week!