Who, but what?

Kirk

Not all kids under 25 are unfamiliar with the 60's music. They have us as parents who grew up listening to it, and grandparents who were into it. My kid knows the Who. She might not know every song and artist, but I don't either. I listen to top 40 now, her music. It depends on our mood. If it's good, it's good. Not all oldies is are great just because a certain artist did it, same goes for the new music. I am not a RAP fan. I'm willing to give most music a shot. Some of the music videos put out on here, I would never have known about, and a few have become favorites.

Missm, get the Sony USB turntable...sells new for $150. It has a usb output that goes into your computer and comes with the software to edit and transfer your records to cd. I've tried others..they are junk compared to the Sony. spin

Whereas oldies stations in the past played mainly top 40 stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that), with Sirius and XM you get more exposure to album and obscure cuts. Even my nephews (19 & 24) are listening to '60s stuff.

Who's (pun intended) going to stand on a street corner with a boombox playing 'Magic Bus' and 'I Can See For Miles' and see if more than 1% of Americans recognize the tunes? I vote for Steve grin

My two daughters (ages 16 and 20) know and love the Beatles and have transferred almost all of their CD's on their iPods when they first got them. They also like alot of Elvis Presley due to the fact it was always playing someplace since their infancy...house, car,,etc. However, they listen mostly to modern artists, but they are very discriminating in their choices. Really talented performers and quality material will always stand the test of time.It just seems so much of todays music is uninspiring for me as a listener.I am not surprised in the least that music sales are way down. There is precious little out there that I would be willing to pay $16. for the cd.

I hear they're working on a new album. If it's out, they'll slip in a new song. Otherwise, they'll play: Baba O'Reilly, My Generation, Pinball Wizard, Won't Get Fooled Again. Too bad Daltry can't hit the high notes anymore. He had such a phenominal rock n roll voice. Maybe they'll pre-record the vocals.

Very perceptive,BlackHawkpat!!!! Unless he takes a lot of time off...or strong throat meds, Daltrey will be unable to reach any highs....his voice is shredded!! He played at The House of Blues here in Cleveland about a month ago...had to abort a few songs mid-stream because of it!