FIVE STAR RATINGS

dianed

I just noticed that one particular topic has been moved to “Cartoon Worldâ€. After reading through it, I feel Tim made a very wise choice. (Thanks Tim !! ). But what I don’t get is the need to lower any member’s rating just because someone disagrees with his / her opinions!! I find that to be....ummm....CHILDISH !! In my eyes, that’s a slap in the face !!

The beauty of this board is having the right to agree and disagree on topics. Instead of acting without any consideration to a member and demoting his/her five-star status, it may be a good idea to re-read that member’s response again. It may just open up your eyes to something you didn’t see beforehand.

Do to my shame at being demoted on this site,I have decided that I will only participate in conversations with people of equal or lower star ratings to my own.This is BS and the star ratings are an insult and weapon for frustrated malcontents who can't engage in discussion,so they take the cowards way,and stab you in the back.Trash the stars.NOW.

I couldn't agree more: Trash the Stars. A month or so ago. Ira (and his lieutenant GMan) and I were all 5 Stars, various insults and attacks later we each drop.I have reason to believe calls were made asking fellow posters to please lower the other posters rating. It would be all fine and dandy except you can do it without anyone knowing who did it AND once you vote you can't change your mind. Like Rob said, It's the coward's way(similar to writing nice things on the board and then sending vile and filthy PMs).WHO CARES ANYWAY?

How can you guys think that you all got "Demoted"? I think the site is correcting itself. It did not make sense that the moment you became a "Member" that you got 5 stars. The same goes for the posters who had 5 stars and lost them after "Earning" them,and being on here faithfully for years. I think the ones on here who "Earned" their stars should get re-stared! If you are new, you should earn them. I have been on both sides of this and I got demoted. I don't feel it was a slam against me (or at least I hope not). But the guys who have been on, and contributed to this site, and kept it going, should be rewarded for their efforts. Without them this site would not be interesting and fun. Everyone on here counts!

Robin,we were demoted,not "corrected".When Bernie updated the site a few months ago,I had no stars.Then I began to get stars as members voted for me.You can check my profile...all the people who gave me five stars had the decency to go on record.I did the same for them.That is how I got my stars.The way I lost them was by certain members voting me down for their own spiteful reasons.That is not a correction,that is backstabbing.TRASH THE STARS.

The entire process is totally subjective and anonymous.That would be ok if we were voting for site officers,like a president or secretary.But this is nonsense.What are the criteria or standards that make someone 5 stars,and someone else 1 star? If you want a rating system that is fair,do it like ebay.They have specific criteria where a member is rated.Personally,I think the stars should go supernova.