Songs Of Eric Carmen

Raspbernie

songs_of_eric_carmen-01.jpg

songs_of_eric_carmen-02.jpg

Back in 2002, I was asked to help Eric design and assemble a songbook. Needless to say, the project never did get completed. I'm not sure why, but I was really sorry to see it shelved. Some of the songs Eric hand-picked for the collection had never appeared in sheet music, and Eric had plans to review the transcriptions for accuracy. Maybe it will eventually see the light of day. We can only hope.

Bernie

I remember pre-ordering this songbook and was so disappointed that it never came out. I was dying to see Eric's real harmonies in print, hoping it wasn't arranged by a stock "staff arranger," because they simplify everything down to very "common" chord changes and miss the mark on the entire effect of the songs.

The cover would have been enough reason to buy the songbook!

Eric does indeed, as usual, look "hot."

Thanks for putting this up, Bernie!

:)--Dar

Ditto, Reid! Go back and listen to the piano/vocal demo of "Starting Over"- it's simple :lol:NOT!! One of Eric's finest piano compositions :cool:

I had (have?) that songbook on pre-order, also. I keep waiting for an email confirmation that it's on the way :(

• 12 years later...
On 8/18/2009 at 8:24 AM, Raspbernie said:

songs_of_eric_carmen-01.jpg

songs_of_eric_carmen-02.jpg

Back in 2002, I was asked to help Eric design and assemble a songbook. Needless to say, the project never did get completed. I'm not sure why, but I was really sorry to see it shelved. Some of the songs Eric hand-picked for the collection had never appeared in sheet music, and Eric had plans to review the transcriptions for accuracy. Maybe it will eventually see the light of day. We can only hope.

Bernie

Twenty years after the original request... and perhaps with a little time on Eric's hands... this would be a great project to rise from the dead. 

Nice design, Bernie. 

• Like 2