attention guys!

Sherberries

My husband and I are having a disagreement. He says that men don't call their male friends just to say hi or chit chat. He says they call for a reason, and after the reason is taken care of, they hang up. I say you can't generalize and say that all men do this or that. There must be a man out there that calls his male friends just to say hi. So guys, help me out, do you ever call a male friend just to chit chat?

Thanks, Sherry

Sherry,

Since I'm only a short drive from you and not sure how big your husband is, I'll agree with him. But, you're a very nice person and I know you, so I'll agree with you.

I guess what I'm saying is, your husband is right about 95% of the time, but I have called male friends just to see how they were doing. Just not very often. I usually have some agenda when I make the call.

So, you win- by 5% wink

I'm safe Kirk as it'll take a while for Sherry's husband to get to me :yikes: so I can admit to just ringing some of my mates just for a chat. They usually tend to be short chats but I do it for no particular reason than to catch up.

Of course there are those times I ring for a reason as well.

Muzza cool

Sherry,

I am a male and call my guy friends without an agenda sometimes. In fact one friend doesn't want to do much of anything so I have to talk only when I call him. He talks too but wont go anywhere or do anything.

This is just in jest but we must be careful about generalizing the sexes. Do all males never stop to ask directions? I will admit I don't do it that often but I have been known to ask directions when obviously lost. Last year at over $4 a gallon my ego got very expensive so I had to change habits.

Phil

Guest Fresh

I can honestly say that I call my male friends regularly just to say hi,what's new,and generally to shoot the breeze.I've been doing this since grammar school and I see no end in sight! Rob.

I think the guys chit chat as much as we do. The subject matter is different. The guys don't go into family issues like women tend to. My husband is into sports,NASCAR, and playing games on the computer. He is talking to his buds when gaming. So does that count as chit chat? I also think guys gossip just as much as we do.

Thanks for your responses! Muzza, my husband is on his way to New Zealand... :yikes:

Uh Oh.... :yikes: Just as well the earthquakes have moved us closer to Australia and therefore further away from California. whistle Gives me an extra 3 seconds to hide. confused Oh.. hang on.. you said he's short. That's OK. So am I so it'll be an equal contest!!!!! grin

Muzza cool