LISTEN UP !!!

dianed

Lately, I have been getting NUMEROUS phone calls and emails and NUMEROUS phone calls and PM’s and NUMEROUS phone calls with complaints about certain individuals on this board. I am not going to name names….the guilty parties already know who they are.

I am astounded at some of the down-right nasty posts I have been reading. I am sick and tired of the name calling, the bashing, the criticism, the clobbering and the personal whacks towards certain individuals. I am well aware that there will always be disagreements but there are ways of getting your point across with finesse rather than with disregard to one’s character. If you want to argue, fuss and fight, then take it elsewhere !! This board is made up of a fine group of people who genuinely care about each other. There is no room here for those that don’t !!

Got it ??? Good !! I have said my peace !!

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.â€

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Diane. Thanks.

I recall a couple of former students of mine (siblings) who told me that whenever they got into a fight, Grandma would make them both sit at the piano and sing "Let There Be Peace On Earth".

As a 28-year church organist, I've grown so sick of "Let there be peas and carrots on earth" that I now cringe when any church (Catholic, which I am, or otherwise) sings it.

I agree 100% Diane. I try not post anything that I wouldn't say directly to the person I'm responding to.

Everyone on this board has something to contribute musically or otherwise. I'm sad to hear that some have left the board because of others' lack of judgement in posting their opinions.

Let's all play nice... :thanx:

We are all different...We all think differently and do not all share the same philosophies on religion or politics...There comes a time to remember what this site is all about and the one thing we agree on that got us here...The music of Eric Carmen...At some point you have to take some of the more controversial stuff elsewhere and preach to your own choir...Because we all certainly do not agree on religion or politics...and we are not going to solve those problems or make a difference with them here...We can however alienate and hurt those who's faces we get into when we disagree...

This latest tiff had nothing to do with politics or religion. There is a Everything section on this board, and many here...on both sides of the fence have political smarts and wish to discuss them here...preaching to the choir means discussing the subject and being in total agreement...not much of a discussion.As far as political threads go...if you don't like em...don't read em. I will continue to post em here. Sorry to anyone who's offended by political discussion in advance!

agree,to a certain point...diane is trying to say something simple..do'nt get nasty cause one has a different opininion..that's all..feel free to speak your mind,but leave it at that..it is a free country after all,but this message board is based off of love..not hatred towards one another..and there seems to be alot of that lately...lol,chris

Lately, I have been getting NUMEROUS phone calls and emails and NUMEROUS phone calls and PM’s and NUMEROUS phone calls with complaints about certain individuals on this board. I am not going to name names….the guilty parties already know who they are.

I am astounded at some of the down-right nasty posts I have been reading. I am sick and tired of the name calling, the bashing, the criticism, the clobbering and the personal whacks towards certain individuals. I am well aware that there will always be disagreements but there are ways of getting your point across with finesse rather than with disregard to one’s character. If you want to argue, fuss and fight, then take it elsewhere !! This board is made up of a fine group of people who genuinely care about each other. There is no room here for those that don’t !!

Got it ??? Good !! I have said my peace !!

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.â€

First, I have to wonder how all these people are getting your phone number (since you mentioned phone calls 3 times I assume the phone calls are irritating you the most). If you gave it to them, did you make it clear that they're not to phone you to complain about the board? And if you didn't give it to them, did you make it clear to those you did give it to that they are not to give it out? If you haven't done these things, perhaps you should? My mother always said you can't be taken advantage of unless you allow yourself to be taken advantage of. Put your foot down on the phone calls, and stick to it. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing Bernie and Ted are rarely, if ever, getting such phone calls.

Second, speaking only for myself, I don't care if others here "genuinely care about each other", the reason the board is here is because people care about Eric Carmen, and I do think there's room here for people who care about Eric and no one else here, as long as they're reasonably civil to others.

Lastly, and I may get flack for saying this, you seem stressed, perhaps being a moderator isn't for you? I'm not being nasty in saying that, just honest. If it gets you this worked up, it can't be good for you.

Got it ??? Good !! I have said my peace !! “Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.â€

First, I have to wonder how all these people are getting your phone number (since you mentioned phone calls 3 times I assume the phone calls are irritating you the most). If you gave it to them, did you make it clear that they're not to phone you to complain about the board? And if you didn't give it to them, did you make it clear to those you did give it to that they are not to give it out? If you haven't done these things, perhaps you should? My mother always said you can't be taken advantage of unless you allow yourself to be taken advantage of. Put your foot down on the phone calls, and stick to it. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing Bernie and Ted are rarely, if ever, getting such phone calls.

Second, speaking only for myself, I don't care if others here "genuinely care about each other", the reason the board is here is because people care about Eric Carmen, and I do think there's room here for people who care about Eric and no one else here, as long as they're reasonably civil to others.

Lastly, and I may get flack for saying this, you seem stressed, perhaps being a moderator isn't for you? I'm not being nasty in saying that, just honest. If it gets you this worked up, it can't be good for you.

I'm not sure I agree 100% with Juliad's above post but I wholeheartedly admire her for saying it. I too doubt if Ted and Bernie get the large amount of phonecalls and emails that Diane gets. I've posted this before and I'll post it again:Dianed is a sweetheart and there are people on this board that take advantage of her goodness. They totally overburden her with complaints and phonecalls about pure nonsense. I remember one instance where I stopped my continuous posting of The Ad Hoc Band's video of "After The Goldrush" because she was getting too many complaints fromboard members and they were driving her crazy with it. Let's put this into perspective. The Ad Hoc Band's rep on this board Marvin thanked me many times both on the phone and publicly on this board for posting it so many times because they had gotten more hits on it during that short time something like twentyfold. So the band was happy, the poster (me) was happy as I both amused myself and received many PMS teliing me that they couldn't wait to see when/where I would post it again and how they thought it was hysterical etc. Which is nice because if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody you shouldn't say anythig at all (now where have I posted that before). So that leaves us with those posters that are tired of the joke or just don't get it. That's fine. tHAT'S THEIR RIGHT AND PREROGATIVE. I don't get every joke. But where they go wrong is calling Dianed, annoying her and trying to get another poster (me) in trouble. Do you realize how many phonecalls she would get in a week if everytime a poster read a joke they didn't get, or got annoyed by a post- hundreds, thousands. You are taking advantage of her sweetness and goodness when you call her with such trivial stuff. Get your priorities straight. Get a life! She does this for free. No pay. She has no husband to support her and no inheritance. She works from her house to pay her bills. When she takes time out to answer your tedious phonecall and then even more time to address it you are costing her money. MAYBE YOU CAN AFFORD TO WASTE TIME BUT YOU SHOULDN'T ASSUME DIANED CAN.

Dianed is one of the sweetest people on this board and one of the few I can truly call "friend". She calls me often telling me about the calls she gets and how people drive her crazy. Dianed is also too sweet of a person to ever let me know the names of these constant complainers for she knows me too well. I would not let such people hurt my friend Diane. TOMMY

I don't get this. Diane has been moderator for quite some time. This fighting garbage has gone on, and on, and on ad nauseum by one means or another for a long time as well. Now, when she finally says enough is enough, when she finally makes an attempt to have some decency on this board and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE TO THE BEHAVIOR CODE THEY SIGNED she gets to hear this?!?! And you wonder why she's stressed!!! Maybe it's time for the people who said "Yay, Diane" to step forward and be heard again! This woman has more going on in her frantic life than most of us could handle and yet she still makes a commitment to this board and its members on a daily basis. To me that deserves a little respect and a BIG THANK YOU! And for the record, I'm one of those who "genuinely care about others" because she's one of my best friends and I thank God every day for that honor!

Guest Fresh

I wouldn't even know how to contact a moderator because full-names and addresses aren't avalable,and no other means of contact other than a PM on this board is all I have access to.I've been a member here for three years and I have no ones phone number except Tommy's because he gave it to me.But he isn't a moderator.I don't know how all these people have the moderator's phone numbers. confused

I don't agree with JuliaD post.Even tho you said you didn't mean to be nasty about it you sounded nasty in the post.Maybe Diane is stressed out because people here keep fighting like their 5 years old! I'm 16 and know better then that!.My family loves Diane VERY MUCH!!!!She is very much part of my family and what you said was rude!I don't come here a lot because of the fighting and yet some things never change...

I don't get this. Diane has been moderator for quite some time. This fighting garbage has gone on, and on, and on ad nauseum by one means or another for a long time as well. Now, when she finally says enough is enough, when she finally makes an attempt to have some decency on this board and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE TO THE BEHAVIOR CODE THEY SIGNED she gets to hear this?!?! And you wonder why she's stressed!!! Maybe it's time for the people who said "Yay, Diane" to step forward and be heard again! This woman has more going on in her frantic life than most of us could handle and yet she still makes a commitment to this board and its members on a daily basis. To me that deserves a little respect and a BIG THANK YOU! And for the record, I'm one of those who "genuinely care about others" because she's one of my best friends and I thank God every day for that honor!

Yeah, she gets to hear this, because I'm one of the few who had the decency to say it to her "face" instead of behind her back. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. A lot of people have been saying she seems stressed on the phone and via PM, but big bad JuliaD said it "out loud". I'll take my lumps. She DOES seem stressed, and if she's such a good friend, I'd imagine you'd see that, and want less stress for her. I suggested she tell people to stop with the phone calls. If they are working her up, don't you think she should do that? And again, by allowing it to continue, she is encouraging it. Tell people NO phone calls about the board, and stick to your guns. Let them PM her, and at her convenience she can get back to them. I also suggested if the moderator thing is yanking her chain, maybe it's not for her. That doesn't make me "against dianed", it's an expression of an honest opinion. But sometimes honest opinions aren't welcome around here.

And I never said people don't, or shouldn't care about others. But I do think diane's words were ill-chosen in saying "this board is made up of people who genuinely care about others, and there's no room for those who don't". It's the Eric Carmen board, and if the absolute worst person on this planet hates the entire world, but loves Eric Carmen, I think there's room for them here, again, if they are relatively civil to others.

I'm by far not bashing diane. But I do see someone who is very stressed. And I agree with TT that she is being taken advantage of. So she's got two choices... put up with it or do something about it. I simply offered an opinion, I'm not fighting with, nor am I "against" anyone.