Michael Jackson's Gone, Too

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson... am I the only one who feels like their childhood and teen years just came crashing to the floor? Entertainers we grew up with! Michael is just shattering me, though. I mean the professional Michael who was so brilliant and gifted and gave so much to the music world. Just crushing.

Rock and roll heaven: Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, George Harrison, Arthur Conley, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Andy Gibb, Terry Kath, James Brown, Edith Piaf, Buddy Miles, Bon Scott, Brian Connolly, Herman Brood, Janis Joplin, Robert Johnson, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Rory Gallagher, Freddie Mercury, Dusty Springfield, Sandy Denny, Eva Cassidy, Sky Saxon, Michael Jackson...

Eric Carr of KISS died the same day as Freddie Mercury. I was driving home from work when the radio dj said "the world has lost another musician, Eric Carr..." and at that point I almost ran off the road thinking they were saying Eric Carmen! eye

Too bad about MJ. I think people sort of expected an early demise there, but not THIS early.

I don't think we realize yet what we've lost and what music and cultural influence could have come out of that comeback tour. I was telling a few people that it reminded me of John Lennon when he released Double Fantasy. He was ready to start his career over, too, and we'll never know what could have come from him, either. Heartbreaking, incalcuable loss.

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson... am I the only one who feels like their childhood and teen years just came crashing to the floor? Entertainers we grew up with! Michael is just shattering me, though. I mean the professional Michael who was so brilliant and gifted and gave so much to the music world. Just crushing.

I feel the same way, Kathy. When you hear of the loss of your childhood idols, a part of your childhood dies with them. It really makes you question your own mortality.

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/michael-jackson-dead-at-50/544453?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2Fmusic%2Farticle%2Fmichael-jackson-dead-at-50%2F544453

You have to copy and paste this link. Sorry about that ! I can't figure out for the life of me how to drive this new board !! cry

A quote in a UK paper:

"An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol — similar to morphine.

A Jacko source said: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing.

“His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.

“His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes “But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital."