Oh boy....

hollies65

I like the colors but not the outfit. My opinion is that it's too young an outfit for her age (and I'm older than she is) or for that particular stop. On the upside I love the fact that she wears brights, isn't afraid of style, and is willing to take reasonable fashion risks. She's got a lot of confidence and spirit and I really like that about her way of dressing! She knows how to look contemporary without being overdone. I saw a photo of her giving a speech to a women's group I think it was while wearing high-top gym shoes --- AWESOME!!!

The outfit begs the question "Who still wears a Swatch watch?". The answer - evidently, Michelle Obama. Ecstacy, I appreciate that there are aspects of the ensemble that evoke positive responses from you. I agree the outfit is too young for her and inappropriate for that particular stop. Let us ponder this query...she is married to the leader of the free world, does she not dress in front of a mirror? spin

She's in a somewhat different position than the other president's wives. This woman is not Nancy Reagan in her tailored red suits! She tends to go with simple sheath dresses instead of those boring suits. The country is looking for somebody real who's not afraid to get their hands dirty or look like the average woman would look. She's young and raising young children so her look is more contemporary. She still wears designer labels but she wears off-the-rack labels as well. I didn't care for that one particular outfit but overall I think she's fantastic and is consistently lovely --- a breath of fresh air over the stodgy looks we're used to seeing on others.

The outfit is unfortunate, but we all have things that we wear because it's fun. It shows her human side and clearly she's not at a State dinner, so what's the big deal ?

But the Very Best thing about the photo is the tall bald guy to Michelle Obama's right is a good friend of ours.

Kim, I LOVE your positive attitude! Classy response! happy Beth is absolutely right in that we all wear things that look great on us on some days or aren't our best choices on others. For better or worse each of us has to get dressed each day but don't have to do it in front of the entire world! How well would WE fare? wink