Archie proposes to....

LC

Darlene, can I correct your spelling of "sophistocated" :updown: ? It's kind of a funny typo, given the context... happy

Re: Betty.... Yeah, maybe she's too goody-goody for some tastes, but she's also not the type to turn on you, and get all wacked out, and spend years trying to find out why she's not happy.... Besides, don't blondes have more fun?

Of course, if Archie really thought about it, he'd eschew marriage and continue to bounce back and forth between the two babes.... Hee hee hee

Yeah, I thought you were Blackhawk Pat for a sec. No way he'd opt for Veronica....

On the other hand, there's all that money, again....

That's the first time Hollies and I ever got mixed up. LOL Veronica has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I was about eight years old! (Nothing wrong with Betty, though. I feel a Ginger versus Maryanne thread coming on.)

The clip is funny. Cheryl Holdridge was a "mouseketeer" on the original Mickey Mouse Club and Roland Winters was one of the actors who played "Charlie Chan" in movies. Winters looks totally different than I imagined him out of his dark black Asian hair dye and makeup.

:)--Darlene

Guest Fresh

That is a really neat old clip...very rare...I'm a TV junkie and I never was aware of any such TV show about Archie.In regard to his choosing Betty or Veronica...hey,this is 2009.Why not all three just live together? Archie could become a Mormon and marry both women!

Archie & Jughead get hitched in a domestic union and adopt all of Madonna's kids after the tabloids get tired of her.......................on the next Geraldo!

I always wondered about Jughead... a high school fella more interested in chasing burgers than girls. haha (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Eric -- Veronica? Really?

Here's my take: On one hand, you've got a spoiled, wealthy, and demanding "precious princess" who's used to getting her way, who expects to be in the proverbial driver's seat, and who basically will be unsatisfiable. And then there's the new father-in-law; do you really want Mr. Lodge brow-beating you when it becomes obvious you aren't going to earn anywhere near his riches?

On the other hand, you've got a grounded, level-headed sweetheart who aims to please, who's usually content, and whose family is down-to-earth.

Veronica will fuss you into an early grave. What matters to her is status, money, and possessions. And she probably listens to Iron Maiden.

Betty will connect with you. What matters to her is what's in your heart, and what makes you happy. And she probably digs the Beach Boys.

Of course, I suppose the choice of Veronica would leave you sittin' pretty in terms of money, cars, and lifestyle. I'm just sayin' --- there's a price you'd pay....

(Then again, they're just cartoon characters, for God's sake! haha )

Eric -- Veronica? Really?

Here's my take: On one hand, you've got a spoiled, wealthy, and demanding "precious princess" who's used to getting her way, who expects to be in the proverbial driver's seat, and who basically will be unsatisfiable. And then there's the new father-in-law; do you really want Mr. Lodge brow-beating you when it becomes obvious you aren't going to earn anywhere near his riches?

On the other hand, you've got a grounded, level-headed sweetheart who aims to please, who's usually content, and whose family is down-to-earth.

Veronica will fuss you into an early grave. What matters to her is status, money, and possessions. And she probably listens to Iron Maiden.

Betty will connect with you. What matters to her is what's in your heart, and what makes you happy. And she probably digs the Beach Boys.

Of course, I suppose the choice of Veronica would leave you sittin' pretty in terms of money, cars, and lifestyle. I'm just sayin' --- there's a price you'd pay....

(Then again, they're just cartoon characters, for God's sake! haha )

Veronica is much hotter...What LC seems to be saying is Betty will just go along and go with the flow...not much of a mind of her own...Veronica all the way...I have no problem with hot powerful women who are strong minded.

Veronica is much hotter...What LC seems to be saying is Betty will just go along and go with the flow...not much of a mind of her own...Veronica all the way...I have no problem with hot powerful women who are strong minded.

Well, aren't you a manly man, Steve! Wow! You're not afraid of powerful and strong-minded women! That's just so awesome of you....

The problem is, I didn't even imply that I have a problem with powerful or strong-minded women. That's not in my post at all. The character flaws I pointed out where egocentricity, materialism, selfishness, spoiled rotton-ness. Ultimately, Veronica's fine --- if you don't mind sharing her with Reggie and everyone else who flips her switch on a given day.

heh....kinda over reacting there aren't we! Chill out pal...you're talking about a cartoon character...Hahahahaha!

I don't hold the fact that you're not a "Manly man" against you. Don't hold it against yourself! Is it awesome of me that I'm not afraid of strong women? Yes. Don't be afraid Larry...you can be awesome too! Cheers.

Guest Fresh

If Archie does wind up marrying Veronica,he will have the financial means to make Betty his "kept woman", as many men do after marrying into wealth.