Wally's Guitars: Part 2

Raspbernie

"I don't know about now, but, when it began, Fender Custom Shop made great instruments."

Very true....10-12 years ago, you could pick up practically any Fender Custom Shop strat or tele, and it just felt right....like an old friend. Nowadays, you need to try out quite a few to find a magical one that both plays and sounds great. Their best axes now are their Masterbuilt ones (by one senior luthier/builder), which cost way, way too damn much!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 years later...
On 2/9/2009 at 7:47 AM, Raspbernie said:

In our second installment, we feature Wally's Rickenbacker 360 12-string Mapleglo circa late-'60s guitar. Used most prominently on every Raspberries song that dripped with sweeter-than-sweet 12-string honey—like their second hit, "I Wanna Be With You" as well as "Let's Pretend"—a similar model (a 370/12 with 3 pick-ups instead of 2) was played by Roger McGuinn of the Byrds on nearly all of their recordings from 1966-1971! It's so great that Wally still has all of his original guitars. How he managed to hang onto them will be covered in our next installment. Until then, continue your drooling.

A jangly bump, some 11 years after the last time I bumped it.