Breakfast with the Raspberries

Raspbernie

raspberries_breakfast-01.jpg

raspberries_breakfast-02.jpg

raspberries_breakfast-03.jpg

You've heard "Breakfast with the Beatles?" How about "Breakfast with the Raspberries?"

These three RARE (and I believe unpublished) color photos of Eric, Jim, Wally and Dave having breakfast were taken in New York City in 1973. Eric and Jim are front and center in the first two photos, and you can see Dave and Wally backlit by the window across the table from Eric in the third photo. No one can really say (unless Eric has one heck of a memory) whether these shots were taken after the boys woke up one morning or after an all-night recording session at NYC's famed Record Plant.

One thing I love about these pics is that they show the bandmembers hanging together and enjoying each other's company back in the day. It calls to mind that scene in "Help!" where each of the Beatles walks into a separate door of a building, but inside they all lead to the same room. I rather enjoy the thought of Raspberries having that kind of comaraderie when they were making musical history.

Bernie

• Like 1

Amazing.... "the more things change, the more they stay the same..."

And I don't just mean Raspberries being back together... out of the hundreds of thousands of products on the market, Heinz Ketchup and A-1 Steak Sauce still have the recognizable labels... making this nostalgic picture look as if it could have been taken yesterday... ;)

Bernie, I flat out LOVE this new series of yours! :lol:

pauliemississippi said:

out of the hundreds of thousands of products on the market, Heinz Ketchup and A-1 Steak Sauce still have the recognizable labels... making this nostalgic picture look as if it could have been taken yesterday... 

This is the second thing I thought! Great minds think alike. I love Heinz ketchup and A-1!!

The first thing I thought was:

OOOOOHHHH MMMMYYYYY GGOOOOOOSH! :eyecrazy:

Will I ever stop being "boy" crazy? Is there really a time limit on that?

Bernie these are grrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat!

Wendy