Significant Other's View of EC/Berries Music

Billy K.

Very Good!! We had deep fried Twinkies last summer and they were pretty popular!

We're sort of a mom & pop fast food place. Hamburgers, brats, fries, hot dogs, homemade peanut butter pie, etc...

We won best burger in the county so I guess we're doing something right.

Hi "Boo", I almost made it to your neck of the woods one time...was going to stay at a place just outside of Chattanooga in one of those Chalets overlooking the beautiful mountains...it's a place I would still looooove to visit...and now you are telling me about this 'YummY" place you run... I bet you give Paula Dean a run for her money ;) ! I love things that aren't always good for me because often things that aren't always good for you are the most fun ;);) !!

Hollies--I like it,too! Shame on both of us-we're supposed to hate it!

Vera--Well, we've got plenty of the bad stuff!

I'm in Morristown-about 3 hours north of Chattanooga. The restaurant is about 8 miles from here in Bean Station. It's a small, friendly town. Everyone knows everyone.

You should try to get down here sometime. We're about 45 minutes from Dollywood and Gatlinburg--plenty of mountain chalets there!

Only if you promise to treat me to a peace of the peanut butter pie LOL!!! No, but seriously, I would absolutely love to be anywhere there for a visit...and to actually go there to meet someone I know from here EVEN more awesome...I think Valorie and I will have to think about another trip...maybe something like your town via Jersey and Cleveland and back home again!! And just so you know, if you EVER want to head up this way...Valorie and I would also welcome you and yours with open arms!! :lol:

I've lived here all my life except for 10 months in 2005 when I was fortunate enough to live in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida--one block from the beach! I loved it!!!

But my roots are here all the way back to the late 1700's. I visited my great-great grandparents grave the other day-they were born in 1839 & 1847.

Morristown is not so big, but it has about everything you need or want. Lots and lots of rural areas and woods still around, too.

I want to travel more, though, and I would love to visit Canada. I'm sure it's beautiful. And I would love to meet you and Valorie! And I would bring you a whole pie!

As a matter of fact I do have the southern twang right down to the "y'all"! My ex sister-in-law was from Michigan. We couldn't understand a word the other was saying. Whole conversations turned into "What did you say?" and "Could you repeat that?"

A friend of mine is from California. One day she was eating at the restaurant and as I walked by her table I asked "Any count?" She said "Excuse me?" I said "Any count?" She said "Can I count?" I said "Is it any count?" She said "I have no idea what you're talking about." So I said "Do you like your food?" She said "Why didn't you say that?" I told her I did and my husband jumped in and said I was speaking in my native tongue and she would eventually understand. :lol: We still laugh about that one!

GMan--

:lol: It's not so bad! I think it's more my phrasing and stuff like "Any count" than a really obvious twang.

We have lots of "transplants" around here--some from your neck of the woods-- so I'm getting pretty good at translating! A few of them have asked me where I'm from. When I tell them they say I don't sound like it. To me, I sound like it!

If I ever get lucky enough to meet some of you just remember to speak slowly at first--I'll pick it up! :lol:

Fortunately none of us write with an accent! :P

When my sister (who is Chinese American) moved down to Texas for awhile she picked up the accent very quickly. I called her to say Happy New Year (Chinese) and I get her answering machine saying, "Hi! Gung Hay Fat Choy, y'all!" in this unbelievable Texas drawl. I laughed so hard I couldn't speak into the machine and had to hang up and call back later. :lol: It's still one of the funniest things I've ever heard --- Chinese phrases in a southwestern drawl. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean! I knew a girl named Mesaki. She's half Japanese, but looks 100%--she's beautiful. She was raised here by her father and it always seemed so strange to see this Japanese girl walking toward you saying "Hi, y'all! I ain't seen you in a long time!" :D