RARE Raspberries Cuts!!!

Raspberry Rick

I know this is probably "old News" to most of you...but I picked up a really cool Advance CD copy of RASPBERIES GREATEST HITS from 2000,and it has four previousl unreleased cuts. I remember when the legit release came out, but then was pulled for whatever reason. The demos are really cool!! there are demos for I SAW THE LIGHT and COME AROUND AND SEE ME. Then two unreleased songs called PLEASE LET ME COME BACK HOME, and OH TONIGHT. Eric REALLY sounds like McCartney on both of those! I was really lucky to come across this. It was at Amoeba Records in Hollywood....probably the world's greatest record store! Does anyone else have this??? Just curious.

I have the Sunset Strip DVD. Guess I didn't hear them.....Need to dig deeper I guess. I was told this particular 'Greatest Hits' was never officially released. I remember seeing the artwork on a cd. It must have been another promo copy or something. This advanced Cd I got just has a plain purple cover with all the songs listed....and the Capitol logo at the bottom.

The "never released" greatest hits CD actually was prematurely released by BMG Music Club and I was lucky eneough to get 4 of the CDs before sales were halted. They all now have the 4 Raspberries signatures on them from the various performances my wife and I attended. The two demos are quite good.

I had heard about it but had never seen one until it popped up on ebay about a year and a half ago. I remember someone claiming that only two hundred or so ever got into circulation, but I can't verify that. Regardless, it is a rather rare find. If oneshould come your way, grab it. The four demo cuts are well worth the price.

the 2 unreleased tunes are on the sunset strip dvd, & are phenomenal tunes. made me really miss that they hadn't recorded them outright, b/c the quality leaves a lot to be desired, but at least they are out there & were shared w/ the fans. & rick is right, eric sounds more like paul than perhaps any other recording

i think if you put eric & paul side by side from those days, tho' similar styles, eric could totally out-wail paul & was/is the superior vocalist. just my li'l ol' meager opinion..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...