Hey Ernie...I WON!

sllvnbil

Hey Ernie,,, I won the Ebay auction for the mint condition VOX Valvetronix AD120VTH Head just like Eric's & Wally's!!!!! Now I own the combo version and now the head. I still love my Line 6 Vetta combo amp, and most likely, I would still use it if the Raspberries did more shows, simply because it's so "dialed in" for the gig, but,, I'm loving this Vox amp!!! I used the combo version the other night at a gig and it sounded sweet!

I'm sorry guys!!! The Vox Valvetronix AD120VTH is the same guitar amplifer that Eric & Wally have been using lately. I know that there's some guitar gear fanatics {like myself} here on the message board. The company Vox has discontinued this paticular line of Vox amplifers and I'm very excited to now own two of them!!!! Plus,,, sometimes it's easier to communicate with Ernie here on the message board that just calling him,,plus,,, anything VOX related is very Raspberry related. Maybe Bernie should have a seperate forum for us "gearheads"!!!!!!

sllvnbil said:

I would still use it if the Raspberries did more shows, simply because it's so "dialed in" for the gig

Congrats on the purchase! Now, let's just work on changing the word "if" to the word "when" in reference to Raspberries shows! :)

Are playing in WI this Spring / Summer with Gary Lewis & the Playboys? I don't see a date on Gary's website.

Tim

Great news Billy, Hopefully you will have a chance to use it in the future with the Berries when we book more shows (yes, I am keeping fingers and toes crossed). Who knows when rehearsals starts maybe the Vox will come into play. I know it is a lot lighter than the Line 6.

And Chris, it uses tubes in the pre-amp. This is a modeling amp that has the capability to simulate about 20 different amps both old and new. It is great technology. For me, it has reduced the load of amps that Wally would usually use on stage from 3 or 4 plus a Leslie speaker and the Vox does it all. A little tough to get Wally to buy in at the beginning since is a purist and never uses pedals or gimmicks to get sounds, its always been just the guitar and an amp. He always has amazed me and I have been his tech since the late 60's.

Welcome to the Vox family Billy. I've got three of them. The AD60VTH with a 2-12 cab (like Eric/Wally's but half the power, one of the "chrome" series AD50VT 2-12 (my current gigging amp) and a little Pathfinder 15 that KICKS BUTT! Just love that Vox sound, always have.

Another little note: As everyone knows Eric always wants the shows to be perfect and it is evident with the results of the performances. He also believes that the way the band looks on stage is very important including the stage set up. Before the first reunion show the choice of the Vox amps was made more for the way they would look on stage because we did not know all the ins and outs of these modeling amps. It took us a while and the help of the Vox representative to get them "dialed in". From that point forward Billy has done the most experimentation with the amps and has become our in-house expert on the amp set-up. Now with his purchase I am expecting even greater sounds coming from those amps.

Originally we were going to add the chrome "Beetle stands" to the amps but that would have caused additional headaches for the crew in transportation and set up time so it got axed. It is one of my jobs is to do all of the production design for the band prior to shows including stage layouts. A few changes have been made since the first reunion show. My question is; have you noticed the changes in the stage set up and do you like what we have done?

Ernie from an audience viewpoint - looks great to me ;) ....... especially when the guys are on the stage using those amps! I think they look cool in the background when you take photos of the band .... but what do I know lol.