Juniors Farm...

hollies65

Then there's the guy wearing the Revolver-like sunglasses on drums...and Linda. She plays keyboards like I type. With a minimum of fingers. I was told many years ago that they used to keep her turned down low Low LOW in the mix at live gigs. Vocally too.

You know I hardly ever watch these posted videos...[no sound for one thing...at least not right now.] I usually just react to the title/artist. But I had to look at old Paulie back when he was a strapping young fella...and sans anything called Heather.

Well...that's a demo he's singing and IMO any song Macca wrote I would think he would do pretty well on.Hopkins.. a good singer lasted about as long as her talent permitted...meaning not close to Paul's obviously.BTW...what is it you don't like about Paul's rendition..he's in fine voice...a voice that will be remembered long after Hopkins is forgotten.

You're right, I loved "Another Day". You can hear it's influence in my bass playing and arrangement on "Come Around And See Me." When Wally brought in the song, I thought "Another Day" would be a good "reference point" for the arrangement. You can hear it more on the demo than on the version that ended up on our first album which was much faster. I think the demo captured the feel much better. ec

Hollies65. Its not that I don't like Macca's version ; its that I prefer Hopkins version. I think the clip you put up lacks the light and shade that the Hopkins one did.

Once again it just shows how personal music is and that some enjoy a particular song even if it doesn't meet the musical standards others set.

Muzza :cool:

I have felt that the most surprising piece of information I have ever read on this forum is that Bernie didn’t think much of Emitt Rhodes. No big deal- but I would have simply thought that anyone who like Eric would like Emitt Rhodes.

Now to read that Eric thinks "Junior's Farm" sucks, well that surprises me. Not that I think it is the greatest song McCartney has ever written; I'm just surprised EC dislikes it to the extent he puts it in the "sucks" category. In fact when I first read the entries on this topic, I was kind of skimming it and I thought he was referring to "Sally G". That song is very lame. I know EC hates "C Moon", but "Junior's Farm"?

I just recently started converting some of my CD collection to Mp3, and on my first "Greatest Hits" effort I included—"Junior's Farm", and my other favorite (though somewhat obscure) Wings effort, "Soily". IMOP, both songs rock.

Muzza...Oh I'm with ya on everyones personal music taste...I like the Shadows Of Knight version of 'Gloria' ten times more than Thems version ...which is considered blasphemy in some rock circles. What I was refering to mostly in my post was your contention that Macca didn't sing 'Goodbye' well...I just thought he sang it great!

Lee Marshall said:

Then there's the guy wearing the Revolver-like sunglasses on drums...and Linda.

That's Denny Seiwell. I guess he's getting into acting. You can catch him playing the role of "the bandleader" in the recently released DVD "BOBBY"...about the day RFK was assasinated in L.A.

His three lines were flawless, and brought me to tears.