New Raspberries Video: Let's Pretend

raspathens

Wendy I was at both those shows - I just got the biggest grin on my face after watching that - and speaking of being blonde - whoever drops the camera and you can see me standing in front of you know who!!! What a night - sigh.

I've seen some video of both the Cleveland and New York shows. Nothing I've seen has been as good as the full length show recorded for the cd/dvd in L.A., yet nobody mentions that as "THE SHOW". Was there that much tweaking done to the L.A. show? Wouldn't any tweaks be pretty much limited to the vocals? The musicianship is great on the dvd! I guess New York is 'the place' to play, and Cleveland has the hometown crowd, but I've yet to see anything that tops the dvd performance from L.A.

hollies65 said:

I would say you made a good choice going to Cleveland...It's difficult to imagine a better show.

So true, Steve...but it wasn't one or the other, I was going to OHIO no matter what, it's just that I wanted to go to NYC too, then didn't for some STUPID reason! angry

Believe me, I don't regret going to Cleveland - what - so - ever! :spin:

MJ said:

Wendy I was at both those shows - I just got the biggest grin on my face after watching that - and speaking of being blonde - whoever drops the camera and you can see me standing in front of you know who!!! What a night - sigh.

Gee MJ, whoever would YOU be in front of? :lol:

In Cleveland I was back in row Q and when GATW came on, my instinct was to run down in front and dance...AND I DIDN'T! Daaayam...I was being sooooooooooooo not Wendy during those few months. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was going to go to the OC and LA shows, also...and I didn't do that either. WHY??? Don't ask, really...at least I stuck to going to Cleveland. I had that ticket booked and didn't care if I was going all by my---errr---I mean alone. I wish I had known you guys back then...I know I would have had even MORE fun. If that could have been possible??? :D

Each show had a different vibe.

The first Cleveland show in 2004 was incredible, because it was the first time we'd played for our fans in over 30 years, and we played for 2 1/2 hours.

The Chicago show was great because it was NOT our hometown and the fans were every bit as wonderful. Additionally, the Chicago HOB is just a beautiful venue to play. I love that room.

The second New York show at B.B. King's was great because the audience was so close to us, and New York was always the city that really "got" us.

The L.A. show that became the "live" CD was fun, but it was plagued with problems throughout the night. Pauly's shaker exploded on "I Can't Explain" knocking over Wally's coke , which spilled down the front of his amp, and the beans from the shaker got stuck in between the keys of Pauly's keyboard, causing them to stick all night. Bernie's montage didn't work at the beginning of the show. Jen cut her leg open coming around the riser to sing on "I Don't Know What I Want." The L.A. audiences are , for some reason, always more jaded than in most of the other cities.

The best acoustics, set list, and overall performance was the last Cleveland Show at the State Theater. That one had everything.

Eric...I had misgivings about flying to Cleveland for that show merely 'cause I loved seeing you and the guys 4 times in smaller,more intimate settings...But the enthusiasm of the crowd in this larger venue...the Raspberries' Home Ball Park...as it were...was INCREDIBLE!-Ira.

hollies65 said:

I remember how pumped up everyone was at the intermission at Cleveland...and that was coming off the ballad ABM!

I was pumped up during the intermission because I was handed a backstage pass. Oh and I cried in the ladies room when I got. How unusual...for me to cry that is, not to be in the ladies room of course. lol

Eric Carmen said:

The second New York show at B.B. King's was great because the audience was so close to us, and New York was always the city that really "got" us.

That was the best concert I've EVER attended...and one of the best weekends of myb life.

Bonnie & I spent a romantic weekend at the Ritz Carlton on Central Park South, reenacted the night I asked her to marry me (Central Park Carriage Ride)...ate at our fave NYC restaurant (One if By Land, Two if by Sea) in the Village....and saw Raspberries from chair leaning against the stage (right in front of Wally & Paulie...I think my wife is STILL mesmerized by Paulie.).

The boys were sooooo tight that night...and the vibe in the room was incredible. It was perfection!!!

John

even some cute blond guy named Bon Jovi was grooving to the boys while he sipped his marguarita.

Eric, the last two shows in NY were fantastic, and it was great to see you do All By Myself.

The Chicago show was about as much fun as I have ever had in my life. Seeing Raspberries play for the first time was a dream come true.

The second BB King show was the best! We had the center table at the stage. The guys were super tight that night, long set list, Beatles done by just Raspberries- no Overdubs (no offense Billy)... oh yeah, and--- jumping and getting up on the table!!!!

The State Theatre was a VERY classy place to see the band play, too. Reminded me of the concerts I used to attend back in the '70s in New York City. There were lots of those impressive old houses with velour seats and old-world ambiance back then. It was a treat to see Raspberries at such a beautiful venue. Plus, they never sounded better. It was an awesome, AWESOME night!

WendyWorld said:

OMGOSH, John! How romantic!!! :)

Thanks Wendy. It's our responsibility to fill each day with effort and passion. It makes life worth living...and it doesn't have to cost $...just good ol' effort.

Also...when you say ec...you say romance. Dang...ec has been the soundtrack to much of my romantic endeavors. :cool:

John