I Won't Bring You Guys Down ...........

raspberrywolf

This board is suppose to be about music and all things with music, fun, the love of songs, Raspberries, Eric Carmen and I just can't bring myself now to do anymore updates about the subject of my sister...don't get my wrong we both still appreciate your kind thoughts, prayers and positivity and we hope in private you will continue to keep us in your thoughts. But for now because things have progressed for the worse I don't want to be a 'downer' to the people who come here to get away from all the sadness in the world. If you are wanting to know how I am or my sister feel free to pm me and I will most certainly reply! What hurts soooo much is my sister is my best friend and we came to this board together for the reasons I mentioned above...our love of music, Raspberries & of course EC...and although we are still new...as we got to know many of you we were hoping so desperately that God would grant us another chance to attend another Reunion Concert so we could actually meet the caring people behind the kind words! Anyways I am rambling, and because things are not good my time will now be very limited...I was suppose to be sharing the fun of this board with Valorie! Thanks for always listening we won't ever forget........I won't ever forget frowncrying

*Vera*

Well, come around to see us anyhow, okay?

This place is a great stress reliever,shows us some of the older music we missed, gets us updated on the 'Berries and EC... Besides, you get to see me embarass myself in some posts.

I truly wish you well, and you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers. Everybody here was last night.

Put an extra blankie on tonight and wait for the next Alberta Clipper storm tomorrow, too.

Hugs.

Ras-Wolf,

Hey, don't apologize.... We're all rooting for Valorie, and having a "good vibes" thread here is totally fine, IMHO. Oftentimes, the power of positive thinking can make a huge difference. So keep us posted. Really.

You know, I have two daughters, ages 8 and 5, and I'm tickled to death -- and very touched --- by how close they are, and how much they obviously love each other. I mean, they're usually giddy just being with each other. It's heartwarming.... So I have some idea of how close you are to your sis, and what you're going through by empathizing.... Hang in there, and best wishes!

--LC

PS: Ironically, it used to drive me a little crazy, I admit, that my wife and her one sister are so close and seemed to always be joined at the hip. But after having two daughters, I get it, and I'm glad they're tight. Heck, my own four sisters are the same way with each other....

Vera,

You already know how the band and I feel about Valorie (and you). You and Valorie are in our thoughts, you both left quite an impression on us, and and it was our pleasure to meet both of you last December. We were honored to have you both as our guests.

Please pass along our best to Valorie.

All The Best,

Al

Today I spent time with two woman. One was about to be transferred to the Hospice so she could die with dignity and as much comfort as possible. The other shed a lot of tears as she told me her Cancer was inoperable and other treatments probably not fully effective. I had to take some time out to "refresh" myself before I carried on around my ward visits.

And now someone I have never met who I've come to appreciate, is also facing tough times and someone near to her, who I've also come to appreciate, is also finding it tough. I have no words that can change anything for you guys other than to say we (Kiwi and I) are here, we care and you are in our prayers. Being there was all I could offer those two woman today. It just doesn't seem enough though, for them or for you guys.

Thinking of you both Vera.

Muzza cool

*Vera*

You have been a breath of fresh air to me...I've not had the chance to get to know Valorie like I have you and I pray that things change for the better and we can all be great friends.

You have been a warm and welcoming spirit to me here at EC and I cannot thank you enough for all the chits and giggles I've had with you...Stay strong my friend...you know how to find me ..the biggest disadvantage of the internet I think is that although we establish fantastic friendships here we can't just drop and run when our friends need us..But I am here and I am close in spirit Vera...and I am channeling positive thoughts, prayers and energy to you and Valorie...count on it...you are always in my head praypray

xoxo

Margo

Hey Wolfie,

Non Sense! Don't you dare stop updating us about sissie.

This is what this board is supposed to be all about. Eric and the Raspberries brought us all together. I'm basically new here myself, but my impression of this place is this...

I believe Eric has a certain bond with his fans.

I also believe his fans through his music, have a certain bond with each other.

What's sad for you is most certainly sad for us.

Please continue to update us as we're all concerned for your sister. It's not a downer.

But if you change your mind, won't you take some time and let us know that you, still want us to...pray for you and your sister.

praysmile

Vera, this group has seen me through brain surgery on my little grandson, a granddaughter born with spina bifida and the care she'd need, and my husband's unexpected surgery last May. Without my family here I would have lost my mind! Do you think I'd offer less to anyone else? Do you think I'd not try to make a difference for them? Not on your life! Take a look at where you posted this. There are plenty of other spots on the board that deal with Eric, the guys, and the music. Those areas are active for those reasons --- they're supposed to be! But this part of the board, the everyday-life-let-me-tell-you-what's-on-my-mind part of the board, is for "family" and for sharing the rest of the stuff that means so much. (Eric would be the first one to tell you that and he's supported us here as well! We've tried to see him through tough times, too, and meant every moment of it. It's all "family".) This is where we get to know each other and care for each other. This is where you get to meet someone at a concert that you've already developed a relationship with! Sharing with someone and supporting them is a privilege not a burden, girl! This is where you both need to be as often as you're able... PERIOD!

I am truly *Speechless* which as you know by my posts here doesn't happen all that often. I am so very touched by the way this 'family' has reached out to my sister and me!!! I did not really mean that I wasn't going to be here but when I was I thought I would even for my own 'spirit' try to keep things on a lighter note if possible..and for those of you who wanted to know how my sister was doing I was and am more than happy to converse with you via a pm or two or three etc.... I just want you ALL to know that the way you all have touched my soul that this is one of the moments in life in which I wish I had one the lottery because WE WOULD all meet and I would make sure each and everyone here was treated to the best get away possible and for once...let someone else take care of all of us!! Sound good?? First of all I would find the guy who won that Raspberries VW all those years ago so we could all take turns going cruisin in it (well Raspberries tunes filtered across the speaker system)!! Of course I would hope with all my hope that each and every member of the Raspberries and their Families would join all of us for this big party get away! Just know, these are NOT just idle words but from my heart, that if I do win that lottery, this party WILL happen for all of us...that is as long as you don't mind travellin to my lil city in Canada!! :-)

Thanks you guys/girls ...Raspberries/EC fans truly are the bestest...you rock!!

God Bless,

*Vera*

I have 4 sisters. I understand how close sisters can be. I continue to pray for you both, but post as you feel able. We'll hope for good news, but if not, I know all of us would like to know what's going on with Valorie (ps one of my sister's names is Valerie). Take care of yourself and Valorie.

Look, if EC can write such moving tunes and we're his fans, the least we can do is care for you two!

So, ket us know what's going on, play lots of Raspberries and EC for her, and heep the faither!

I know another board that helped me keep busy while my son was in hospital last year with glomerulonephritis. He's doing really well now!