Save the seals

Carmen Smalley

After the sealing vessels left Wednesday, we landed on the ice to document the aftermath. We passed one pup who had crawled into a small cave formed by ice. He hid his head as we approached, clearly terrified. I tried to talk softly to him, to let him know that it would be okay. But he just lay there, hiding his head.

This 3-week old seal pup had just seen hundreds of others beaten to death in front of him. To him, people now mean clubs and violence and pain.

Please, help save seals from the clubs of sealers. Make an emergency donation to help seals now.

It took less than three days for sealers to slaughter 19,200 seal pups. The ProtectSeals team was there to document as they killed virtually every seal in sight.

We filmed this horror -- the tiny carcasses such a stark reminder that this is a slaughter for fur. They died by the thousands here, painfully, just to produce fur coats that no one needs.

Today the killing starts again, and our team will be there. Please be a part of our team. Please help sustain our work on the ice to save these seals.

We need to show the world that the carnage is worse than ever -- and that despite the Canadian government's promises, the hunt is as cruel and merciless as ever.

Thank you for standing with us -- having so many of you behind us makes all the difference.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Aldworth

Director

Humane Society International/Canada

PETA has more of a... shall we say, reputation... than most other animal rights organizations. I only know what I see in the papers and on the internet and it seems their intentions and goals are noble but their methods are questionable and cause concern. I've supported other organizations in the hopes of better outcomes. With what we're doing to our planet we need SOME organizations to be our watchdogs!

"Sealed With a Kick"...oops I mean Kiss.

Clubbing seals is awful...and certainly PETA has a way of getting its causes in the news (which is a good thing)..but PETA is a bunch of hypocrites...based upon their killing 97% of the pets/animals they had up for adoption last year.

BTW Pam Anderson is a spokesperson for PETA. You tell me with a straight face that she doesn't eat meat! eek

collectively signed,

Tommy Lee, Scott Baio, Kid Rock, Dude from Poison, The Green Bay Packers, The Lucky Charms Leprechaun, Quagmire (giggity-goo), Dudley DoRight and Hugh Hefner.

John

You guys are going nuts because theres No More Cartoon Forum...I don't support everything PETA does, but this is a good cause..yes PETA does go overboard on alot of things, but name a group that dosn't from time to time...Forget I even posted... :rolleyes:

You guys are going nuts because theres No More Cartoon Forum...I don't support everything PETA does, but this is a good cause..yes PETA does go overboard on alot of things, but name a group that dosn't from time to time...Forget I even posted... :rolleyes:

Shelley,

No I won't forget you ever posted. I like your posts especially the one that was cpmplimentary of me a few weeks back.We're just messin' with you. I don't know much about this issus at all and therefore don't have an opinion or side. Keep on posting.

Your fan,

TUNES

Guest Fresh

Sometimes people or groups of people with strong convictions for a cause get so emotionally wrapped up that they lose their sense of logic and fair play.Example being anti-abortionists bombing planned-parenthood clinics.When you start performing the same acts as the entity you are opposing,respect and credibility go out the window.I am a pro-life person,but I wouldn't even consider carrying out acts of violence of any kind against pro-choice groups.When PETA members dump a bucket of blood on an unsuspecting celebrity who wears an animal fur in public,I lose all respect for their group,even though I may agree with some of their principles.

Carmen,

Thanks for the post. I like to be reminded of these happenings so I can do my part. Small, but it’s something. angry ; I chose to stick to the subject at hand.

Anyway, without posts like this and people who want to share information about their own causes, things may never change. Ignore the boys…they are going through withdrawal. At least they are playing nicely with each other. :P

Now, remember to check out my newest cause –AMERICAN TEA PARTY! (April 15 – coming to a city near you) under the Never doubt ......thread WORD!

Wendy

PS: Don't ya love those little emotion thingies? LuvLove

Shelley, I'm sorry if you were hurt. My comment was never meant to do that nor do I believe that anyone else's was either. I don't think anyone disagrees with trying to save any living creature or the planet in general. I just think this was discussion about HOW that's achieved and what's been publicized by the media regarding those events. Some organizations have a better game plan and reputation than others although they all have the same honorable goal.

You guys don't know me very well..I don't offend easily..I wasn't offended by any comments..I know the guys were having fun(hence the cartoon world comment)...I just decided to leave the post alone, because I didn't want some other "nut" to come along and start a big heated debate on the subject...Like I said for the most part I support PETA...but I don't agree with anything they do thats illegal, or that would harm others..I appreciate you guys, posting ...I love you all..this is a great board, and I"m not leaving laugh Thanks Guys...