Wow! Bigscreen Concerts This Month At Movie Theatres

MikeC

I've wondered for years, "When are musicians going to start doing this?":

At www.BigScreenConcerts.com there are four concerts for this month of October, via satellite on the same night. When you Click on 'Buy Tickets', then Click 'Theatre Locations', on the left of second page. Or, search by zip code on the first page. They are selling tickets online, and at alot of theatres everywhere. The one near me in Irvine, Ca. has a 50 foot by 30 something foot screen.

OCT. 9th:Rod Stewart performs 70's Rock Hits of other bands of that Era. His new CD, "Still The Same" is due out on Oct. 10th. Rod wanted to do a 60's Soulish Album, but Producer Clive Davis said, "No, were going to do a 70's Rock Album" of other artists.

OCT. 11th: Gretchen Wilson, who performs Honky Tonk, Country-Pop, and Traditional Country. She's similar to Danielle Peck, Dixie Chicks, Shannon Brown, Big and Rich, and Cowboy Troy.

OCT. 19th: Guns N' Roses, The Deftones, etc. on a Download Festival, called "Metal On The Big Screen", with exclusive interviews.

OCT. 26th: KISS, during their height of fame. Their two DVD set, "Kissology, Volume 1" is due Oct. 31st

This was so exciting more me, SusanSamLittleD, I could hardly type correctly. With less radio airplay for artists, this in one incredible way to go. And this is the best way, next to being at a live concert. To me, there's no reason at all to keep artists down from being heard. Being famous or not. The Rolling Stones have already done Big Screen concerts on The IMAX screens. I like this too, because there are places like Las Vegas which limits other artists from playing there. This allows for many locations to play on the same night. Just like the movies do!

Rod Rock Classics was produced mostly by John Shanks, 2005 Producer Of The Year (Sheryl Crow and Melissa Etheridge). Songs of Badfinger(Day After Day), Bonnie Tyler(It's A Heartache), Van Morrison(Crazy Love), Bob Dylan(If Not For You), John Fogerty(Have You Ever Seen The Rain), The Pretenders(I'll Stand By You), Elvin Bishop(Fooled Around And Fell In Love); and Bob Seger(Still The Same). Featuring musicians Kenny Aronoff and Dean Parks.