Slimmers Unanimous - progress, tips and encouragement

The Kiwi Connection

Well Hellooo everybody. It's November here now and I'm pleased to announce on this first day of the month that I have lost a kilo this week. happy Now if I keep that up it will be 4 by the end of the month. I'll let you know how I'm going.

The Step counting for the team at work plus the extra walking Kiwi and I do in the evenings is certainly helping. I'm averaging around 15,000 steps a day without too much effort. I am aiming to break to 20,000 mark. Also I can go up the stairs at work from the ground floor to level 5 without collapsing at the top now as well. laugh

Muzza cool

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

I hear you on hitting the couch and not exercising. Here is what works for me and a little new wrinkle for you. Next time you see the jogging path in the park, just imagine that at the bandshell 800 yards ahead the Berries are setting up their amps and guitars and going through a soundcheck prior to a concert similar to the one at Waukesha!! It works amazingly well. Also, for you, just imagine Wally is going to give you a few private lessons on his Gibson doubleneck and its oh, say, 1 mile down the road...then GO FOR IT!!!

Phil

I like it!

We have some warm weather all of a sudden, so I'm going to try to walk a bit tomorrow. On Sunday I'm going to go golfing, so I'll get some exercise then too!

Tim

I congratulate you who are doing so great! All those steps! Wow! My new job at the hospital doesn't give me much of a chance to do any walking--I work in registration!

I've had a terrible week eating. I have been under a LOT of stress and I'm an emotional eater. Close family friend passed away and then the husband of a dear friend of mine coded 4 times and had to be airlifted to a hospital 80 miles away. Then, their daughter gave birth very prematurely yesterday (her due date is in March!!!) Baby is 1 pound 3 oz. and he's 12 inches long! His lungs are really developed better than they could have hoped for and he's actually doing well! Keep them all in prayer, please!

Anyway, all that coupled with my new and confusing job has left me in quite a state! I'll try to get back on track tomorrow. Not going to even try today!

Julie

One day at a time, Julie. Stress will do your body in with food or without it! Can you eat lunch and then walk around the hospital grounds for awhile durin your lunch break? Does the hospital have a fitness center you can visit after work?

I've been battling a dreadful mutating virus for over a week so this has been my first day on my feet. I walked 20 min in the early afternoon and then another 15 min in the later afternoon just to see how I'd handle it. Maybe it'll help sweat some of this out of me now that I'm strong enough to handle it. I lost 4 lbs during the week but doubt all of it will stay off (probably a lot of appetite loss and dehydration involved.) At any rate, I'll see if I can get back to the Y tomorrow for a shortened workout and only do what my body tells me it can do... maybe something gentle like cycling or some stationary water resistance.

Kiwi and Muzza, I wrapped up Missouri and am working towards my second marker in Kansas. Not the time of year for tornadoes to put me in Oz. Where are you guys at? Where do you expect the half-way point to be where we could meet up for lunch? I'll bring Toto and the Munchkins!

I'm Back!!!!! You may (or may not) have noticed I ain't bin around for the last week. That's because Miss Kiwi and I have been involved in the running of our Church's National Conference. Kiwi's been providing Morning tea's, Lunches and Afternoon teas for around 400 people for 4 days eek and I've been ensuring seating, tables, toilets, rubbish bins and Ushers were in the right places at the right times. insane

An upside of this is that I walked 143,220 steps for the week, 3 times breaking 20,000 for a day. The other upside is that I have lost just over a kilo in weight. And Yes, there is a slight downside. We're both absolutely worn out. zzz I have to admit I couldn't even face walking to our Post Box today so we drove. However, I'm still on track for 10,000 for today.

Hope you are all do good and look forward to how every one is

Muzza cool

That is an INCREDIBLE amount of work!!! I've done large church events but NEVER for that many people! Congratulations to you both on such a fine commitment and effort! And congratulations on your step record and weight loss!

Last week was rough for me as I've been trying to finish up this virus. No exercise had me yo-yoing with weight and glucose/blood pressure. I seem to be over the majority of it so I'm going to try to get back to work at the Y today. That should help things start to stabilize. John took his time at 216 days but he just passed his 1,000,000 mark in steps! Now that's he's more motivated and walking with me some evenings he should pass his second million a lot quicker!

John, I have to admit that my feet did get quite sore and are still in recovery mode. frown

I did break the 10,000 yesterday and will today as I'm getting close and I've got the lawns to mow and the Kiwi lady wants me to walk with her to the Library. :rolleyes:

Mind you next Saturday and Sunday might be a bit lean as I'm hoping to be at the Car Racing for both days happy and there's a lot of sitting around involved in that.

Muzza cool

Today will start a real test for me.

As of a couple of days ago, I had reached the 40 pound weight loss mark! I attribute a lot of my success to the fact that I got braces on my teeth the first week of April, and I dramatically changed my eating habits: No junk food, no fast food, no soda, etc... Well, I went to the dentist today and the braces are off! I can eat like a true carnivor again! laugh

So my test will be if I can keep up my good eating habits, or at least eat the "bad" stuff in moderation. wink

Tim

Great job, Tim! So what's your plan? You'll have a little more leeway through the holidays diet-wise if you increase your exercise and set up a routine. This will actually be a good time to do that because you said you haven't been exercising much. This will 'shock' your body and metabolism and give you greater results than if your body were already used to a routine.

I'm struggling because I got hit with a flu for 2-1/2 wks, got well for 3 days, and got hit with a different flu strain. That hospitalization and all of the drugs injected have made me very toxic and sent my adrenals into a crash again. I'm back to not being able to do any training. I can't afford this for too long. <sigh> Trying to detox and remain positive but I'm discouraged.

Great work Tim. I'm sure you'll continue to eat wisely. We'll help you.

Hang in there Kathy Lee, you'll get over this set back.

As for me, A week ago I joined Weight Watchers. They have come up with a short term programme (13 weeks) called "Weight Watchers @ Work". The hospital in conjunction with WW are running 5 groups at work designed to fit round shift work.The group I go to is 7.15 Monday mornings before I go on the wards. In my 1st week I lost 900gms(nearly 2 lb) I was suitably impressed. Tonight I'm off to the pool for an Aqua Class.

Kiwi, when you two get tired of walking across the US I have a new game plan for you. There are virtual walking tours of various cities where you walk the distance listed and then it tells you where you virtually walked to and gives you pictures, history, and cultural info about that milestone and then you walk on to the next one. I saw tours for Washington DC, New York City, San Francisco, Paris, and Rome so far. You can see them on www.chroniclebooks.com when you type in walking into their search. The tours are scattered across the 4 pages that come up. I think that's my next plan after I finish walking back across the US. I still need to get the FIRST direction completed crazy --- I just wrapped up Kansas and started into Colorado. spin

I think it's the weight watchers Kiwi's doing. It's havin an effect on me too!!! :P

I'm still doing good step numbers though. You hang in there. You're doin good and I sometimes wonder that when we try too hard not much happens.

Anyone else going up or down at the moment? insane

Muzza cool

I think it's the weight watchers Kiwi's doing. It's havin an effect on me too!!!

Anyone else going up or down at the moment? insane

Muzza cool

That's only cos you got no choice, you either eat what I eat or cook your own!! :Plaughhahahaha

As for going down I got weighed this morning and I've lost 1.1 kg (just over 2lb) this week....YAY!!! spin

• 2 weeks later...