The Animal Rescue Site

Ecstasy

I know that several of our members here are dedicated animal lovers (Chris is the first that comes to mind!) The Animal Rescue Site is having difficulty getting enough people to click in each day. Without those clicks, less food is getting donated to shelters for homeless animals. Please give some thought to bookmarking this site and clicking on it each day. It only takes a couple of seconds and it's free. Take a moment to make a difference! heartpump

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy Lee,

I had forgotten about the "clicks" counting for a good cause. The local Animal Rescue Center in Cleveland is active and doing a great job. They (and all the animal rescue groups) do wonderful work on an extremely limited budget. Glad for the reminder and I will bookmark it for future "clicks".

I used to click on this site a couple of years ago and then somehow lost track of it. I'm embarrassed to say that I just let it go and didn't dig into it. When it came to my attention the other day I was heartbroken to hear it was struggling and knew I had to be part of spreading the word. (I tend to like animals better than many people I know! LOL) Most of my cats have been adopted byI'm SOOO glad that you've all jumped on board! Spread the word to your friends, and thanks!

Sorry, I was in the middle of a sentence when I bumped 'send'. I was going to say that most of my cats have been adopted through no-kill shelters over the years --- especially the older cats that no one wants. I really support shelters and the work they do for animals that would otherwise be destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kathy Lee, Thanks so much for posting the link!

I'll be clicking every day. Such a great cause. I too love animals. And Chris, you are so right. We have a lot to learn about unconditional love from them. Their loyalty is unequalled and they deserve such loyalty and unconditional love in return.

smile --Darlene

I'm so glad that so many of you have found this useful and have gotten on board with it. The majority of my beloved cats over the years have been shelter cats (as I type my 12 yo fur "blanket", Ashley, is next to me) so this is an extremely emotional topic for me. Some of our adoptees have been old, some sick, some have only lasted a couple of years but at least they made it to a home. Shelters do amazing work under horrible circumstances and I do everything I can to support them.

With Christmas approaching. let me tell you that the best Christmas gift my husband ever gave me was my Holly. Holly was the most magnificent long-haired calico with green eyes that looked into your soul. She was sick and I asked what was wrong. They said a "kitty cold" but I would have taken her no matter what. We never fully figured out what was wrong. For a long time they thought it was feline herpes but there was definitely something serious that they never got a handle on. She eventually developed diabetes and we lost her trying to help her fight an insulin seizure but at least she died in a home with a loving family. Shelters give us the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of living, feeling creatures who give so much more than they take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BeatleJay!

My Sadie is a mix~ She is part Golden/Lab and Brittany Spaniel. The guy I got her from bred that mix intentionally. BEST dog I have ever had!

She is my baby!!

Chihuahuas are characters!

My Mom has one and she is a piece of work!

I love Beagles to- I would love to get another dog, especially a " Pugle" Not sure if I spelled that right!

Reid another fellow animal lover!!

Don't forget to "CLICK" today!

Nice meeting you to Jay.... hopefully we can all get together soon for another...uhmmm.. show!