Alberta Clipper

sterling

Kathy (and the rest of you East Coasters),

This is serious snow!!!!! It is snowing sideways as I type and it is at least a foot and drifting to 18 in. We have drifts on our driveway at least that deep! Kathy..you guys in Sayreville and New Brunswick need some excitement and a challenge! Come on....it will be fun!!!!

Phil

I really love the changes in the seasons, but -- here in this part of the St. Louis area we got anywhere from 4 to 7 inches of snow and PLENTY of sleet and ice, downing trees, power lines, and assorted Christmas decorations. 95% of our section of the metro area (Florissant) is without power today, and though I got to see a transformer located toward the back of our yard blow up last night (early New Year's fireworks?), our household only lost power for 3 hours. Across the river in Collinsville, IL, the entire city is without power.

The best thing is that it will be warming up again tomorrow, so some of this stuff may be able to melt.

My driveway was over my boots when I got home and a truck was in front of my driveway. I started snowblowing (thank god for that little invention!) and my husband got home and took over. We got about 10 inches or so. Nice little ride to the hospital this morning! eek